Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apparently has the Havoc limbs. "430-435 fps". Anybody have any tips or suggestions? I asked to check for cam lean before shipping.
Are the illuminated nocks crap?
The stock scope is likely to be a little off for having the stiffer Havoc limbs. Are we talking a couple inches 30-50 yrds? I'm thinking maybe a SEVR Titanium 2.0 125 gr to slow it down a bit.
I sold my Barnett Raptor Pro STR to help alleviate some guilt haha.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Suggestions?
1. Read your included manual from cover to cover.......twice.
2. Watch all the videos on the Tenpoint site that pertain to your bow, including proper cocking, decocking, scope sight in procedures, removing trigger box from the string, proper lubrication and maintenance, and all safety procedures.
3. Check each arrow after every shot.
4. Don't shoot groups unless you are independently wealthy
5. Get a separate target suitable for high speed field points, and a separate target for broadheads.
Have fun.
Find a reputable taxidermist.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought the havoc limbs was an older issue that no longer exists? At least on their website this was brought up and I think their response was that the havoc limb was used due to a supply issue and that is no longer the case. I only say that since I also recently got a Siege (awesome xbow by the way).

I mean maybe it is not a bad thing to get higher speeds for the price of the Siege since I think the Havoc is close to a grand more?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Apparently has the Havoc limbs. "430-435 fps". Anybody have any tips or suggestions? I asked to check for cam lean before shipping.
Are the illuminated nocks crap?
The stock scope is likely to be a little off for having the stiffer Havoc limbs. Are we talking a couple inches 30-50 yrds? I'm thinking maybe a SEVR Titanium 2.0 125 gr to slow it down a bit.
I sold my Barnett Raptor Pro STR to help alleviate some guilt haha.
I just got one as well. Mine shoots 427 with 125gr field tips. My scope zeroed at 20 yards shoots about 5” high at 50yards. I offered to pay the difference to upgrade the scope and ten point said no. Sucks after shelling out that much money. Going to look at another brand scope I guess. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'll grab heavier arrows.Who makes heavier arrows for the Seige? Or use a 150gr broadhead? Would that be too heavy for the stock arrows?

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
911 Posts
I just got one as well. Mine shoots 427 with 125gr field tips. My scope zeroed at 20 yards shoots about 5” high at 50yards. I offered to pay the difference to upgrade the scope and ten point said no. Sucks after shelling out that much money. Going to look at another brand scope I guess. Good luck.
why would they ship a crossbow with a scope you can't use? Makes no sense!

I'll be waiting for when the scope matches the bow

Thanks for the heads up 👍

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll grab heavier arrows.Who makes heavier arrows for the Seige? Or use a 150gr broadhead? Would that be too heavy for the stock arrows?
Jerry at south shore will get you what you need

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you're getting Havoc speed at Siege price buying a new scope doesn't seem that bad. You can then sell the one that comes on it.

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
911 Posts
If you're getting Havoc speed at Siege price buying a new scope doesn't seem that bad. You can then sell the one that comes on it.
I think having to lose money when you sell the scope that comes as a package and buy a new one is a horrible marketing campaign

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a Seige from Wyvern a couple of months ago that I'm sure has the hot limbs. They do offer a scope upgrade at checkout, but not knowing about the speed/scope problem I didn't upgrade. Sighted in at 20 and at 40 with the speed ring maxed out I was hitting high. So what I did is backed the speed ring down from 425 to 320. Now my hash marks shoot 20, 40, 60, 80, 100. And for odd number yardages I split the middle. This is with the stock Rangemaster Pro. I wasn't sure this would work but seems to be shooting great like this. Just thought I would share if anyone else finds themselves in the same boat. I may eventually change out the scope, but for now it works well. Another thing is I like the lower magnification for closer range hunting situations.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Give us a call. We can get it in and slow it down if you like.
I have another scope on the way. I did call. I thought they could swap me the marksman for my range master and I would even pay the difference but they wound not do that. I thought that was very reasonable.

·
TenPoint Representative
2,143 Posts
I have another scope on the way. I did call. I thought they could swap me the marksman for my range master and I would even pay the difference but they wound not do that. I thought that was very reasonable.
Sorry, that is not an option right now.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I ordered mine from Wyvern with the Marksman scope. Nice scope by the way. My understanding, and I could be wrong, was that TP tweaked the Range Master Pro. I personally never look at things like cam lean. There are timing dots on the cams and that's I keep an eye on. My Siege shoots light out and is faster than advertised. I would be tickled with 410fps. With the speed of the bow I am considering going with a red dot set up. I'm not one of those guys shooting long distances and a red dot makes a fantastic hunting set up. a 30-35yd zero and with a little Kentucky windage puts 50yds in play with no problems. You bought an excellent bow!

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
454 Posts
I thought the havoc limbs was an older issue that no longer exists? At least on their website this was brought up and I think their response was that the havoc limb was used due to a supply issue and that is no longer the case. I only say that since I also recently got a Siege (awesome xbow by the way).

I mean maybe it is not a bad thing to get higher speeds for the price of the Siege since I think the Havoc is close to a grand more?
Yea but........ where’s the scope to match it?

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
454 Posts
I have to tell you I’m a smaller guy at 5’5”. My siege is perfect for me. Very proud to own it. Tenpoint has been the Cadillac of bows in my mind for quite a while now. Always wanted to own one. While I still feel much the same I wish they would do something about everyone having to change out the scope. Maybe they’re thinking is if you’ve got a bow with the havoc limbs on it you’re essentially shooting a havoc for much less money. On the other hand if one doesn’t know about that then they are getting a bow shipped to them without being told the delima, and won’t be able to sight it in properly. Now in my mind that is 100% on tenpoint regardless of what they think. I mounted a different scope on mine and all is good but is that good customer relations by tenpoint? Certainly not. If they would take a couple pages out of Vortex’s customer service policy they may find sales going up even more than it is. Remember, I’m a tenpoint guy through and through so I want tenpoint to be number 1 in all aspects.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts