Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
422 Posts
Apparently has the Havoc limbs. "430-435 fps". Anybody have any tips or suggestions? I asked to check for cam lean before shipping.
Are the illuminated nocks crap?
The stock scope is likely to be a little off for having the stiffer Havoc limbs. Are we talking a couple inches 30-50 yrds? I'm thinking maybe a SEVR Titanium 2.0 125 gr to slow it down a bit.
I sold my Barnett Raptor Pro STR to help alleviate some guilt haha.
Sorry, I got off track. The range master scope on mine was a couple inches high at 30 yds after getting sighted in at 20. That was after adjusting the speedring to its max setting at 425, and using 125 grain points. I imagine with the 100 grain points it would have been even a little higher at 30. I put the vortex crossfire II on it and it’s shooting good out to 60 yds. Haven’t shot any further yet. I bought the lighted alpha nocks to try out. They seem easy to use, easy to turn off. It isn’t very far from my truck to the stand so I’m not too worried about them getting bumped on. The siege is an awesome bow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a Raven R20 at the same time I bought the Seige and we've been shooting together. We've been dialing in out to 60 yards so far, and plan on stepping the targets gradually back to 100. This is simply getting to know the rigs and squeezing the best out of them and ourselves. Really has been a ton of fun as the competitive side of us starts to come out. So far both bows have been performing well. Time shooting will reveal each bows strengths and weaknesses. Both rigs are stone cold stock at this point. To the OP nice choice.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased a graphite Siege from Borkholder last month. I upgraded to the EVO-X Marksman Elite scope for $199. They kept the Rangemaster Pro.
I did pay $75 for them to install the scope, tune and shoot the bow and put it thru the chronograph.
They wrote 433FPS on my invoice. I shot it last week. It was dead on at 20,30 and 40 yards right out of the box. The deer are not going to like this weapon.
I did pick up the SpyderWeb ST18 XL target, it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As I reflect on my first high-end crossbow purchase, I can't help but shake my head at the gaffs on the Siege. First, the hot limbs. Great, you get more speed without the cost, BUT it does cost you because you need a different scope to compensate for that speed. Second, the quad cable system looks fantastic on paper, BUT if your cams aren't level, tough, not a warranty issue. Finally, the timing dots. On compound bows, these can be used as a good starting point. On a Siege, they are as worthless as tits on a bull. There's a bunch of other irritants, but these are 3 that hit home for me. Oh well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I reflect on my first high-end crossbow purchase, I can't help but shake my head at the gaffs on the Siege. First, the hot limbs. Great, you get more speed without the cost, BUT it does cost you because you need a different scope to compensate for that speed. Second, the quad cable system looks fantastic on paper, BUT if your cams aren't level, tough, not a warranty issue. Finally, the timing dots. On compound bows, these can be used as a good starting point. On a Siege, they are as worthless as tits on a bull. There's a bunch of other irritants, but these are 3 that hit home for me. Oh well.
I think most of us can say we had an “high-end purchase“ we weren’t happy with In our life. You can either move on or let it fester in our minds.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
422 Posts
Did you sell it perry? If not get hold of farm deer. I’ve got his number if you want it. I betcha he can get it worked out for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did you sell it perry? If not get hold of farm deer. I’ve got his number if you want it. I betcha he can get it worked out for you.
No, I can still return it. I'm just waiting for a box of new bolts to arrive and then it is going back. Going to try a Swat X1 when they are released.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts