Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Tenpoint recommends using lube in the foam applicator on your servings on your crossbows. Do you guys use it or something else just curious.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use the lube that Ravin recommends. Mainly because I have both a R29 and my wife’s Viper. To me no use having two separate lubes.

Thank you,
jonothan

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the lube that Ravin recommends. Mainly because I have both a R29 and my wife’s Viper. To me no use having two separate lubes.

Thank you,
jonothan

View attachment 185285
Makes sense to me, I use the scorpion venom on my actual cables. Just seeing what everyone else was using on their servings.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I use textite bow string wax on the non served portion of my string and cables. I use rail lube on my fail but I've never used anything on the served portion of the string or cables. Maybe I'll try some of this venom stuff. In the past it was always advisable to not put anything on your serving. Times change I guess

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
I use textite bow string wax on the non served portion of my string and cables. I use rail lube on my fail but I've never used anything on the served portion of the string or cables. Maybe I'll try some of this venom stuff. In the past it was always advisable to not put anything on your serving. Times change I guess
I have been lightly waxing my servings on my Scorpyd and Excaliburs for years and have not had any problems at all. It makes the servings look new. Too much wax is what causes problems.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I use a tiny bit if Horton synthetic rail lube. Little goes a long ways. I have for years justto reduce friction. Don't know if it available anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rail Snot... Slick as, well, SNOT!
Never a problem. My C5 Wildcat is near 15 years old, and I'm finally thinking about reserving it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rail Snot... Slick as, well, SNOT!
Never a problem. My C5 Wildcat is near 15 years old, and I'm finally thinking about reserving it.
I use rail snot on my rail. It is good stuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts