Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with the serving coming off of their Vengent?
I have had mine since the middle of April and probably shot it no more than 40-50 times tops.
Today I was going to practice and happened to notice the serving was coming loose on the left side of the string. I say left it was the left side of center. Ben lubing as directed if not more so. I also can't find a problem with the rail.
Just curious if anyone else has had the problem.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
The tag end probably worked itself loose... I wouldn't shoot it anymore until you get it re-served. The latches could end up cutting the string. Try not waxing it to much. This is a problem that arises sometimes when the wax will act as a lever and lift the serving rounds from the string when the serving isn't put on tight enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Marty, I do hope that is all that is wrong.
Robertyb, I gave Marty a chance and he didn't go along with your warranty.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Thanks Marty, I do hope that is all that is wrong.
Robertyb, I gave Marty a chance and he didn't go along with your warranty.
I don't understand what you are saying? Is the string serving from Marty and he will not make it good?
And also where did I mention the word warranty?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry it was a weak attempt to be funny. I don't know what Marty does. I thought you were being funny. Anyway sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Not unless you call and tell them about it. :rolleyes:
So if you have to send the bow back for warranty work you have to replace the string again? Makes no sense?

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Be sure to use the Scorpion Venom, not wax, for the string and serving.
Both should have come with your Vengent?

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
The liquid Scorpion Venom polymeric wax is the last thing you want to use on any servings ! Especially the center !

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
The liquid Scorpion Venom polymeric wax is the last thing you want to use on any servings ! Especially the center !
OK, I think that is what TenPoint recommends but I forget easily.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After reading all the posts, I think I was misleading by mentioning the word warranty. This crossbow has never been in to a shop or returned to TenPoint (so far). Quite frankly I don't know what I have done wrong. Taking to a servicing dealer tomorrow. They can put new serving on the current string. They didn't have a new one on hand. Maybe I will now more tomorrow (I hope).
Thanks everyone for your input. It is valuable info to me.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
Sorry it was a weak attempt to be funny. I don't know what Marty does. I thought you were being funny. Anyway sorry for the confusion.
Marty happens to be the best string builder for compound crossbows on both forums. Pretty sure he guarantees his work also. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just don't use the liquid on the servings !
Are you saying not to use "Ten Point Premium Lubricant" (with foam applicator) on the serving? I just received my new Viper and it needs lubed and the owners manual and TP videos I watched recommend just that?

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Will it void the warranty?
Archer, technically I think you are correct not only with Ten Point but most other OEMs. If you do this, I do make sure I'm keeping my OEM strings in case you have to return to the OEM. Marty's string work on my crossbows have been far superior vs the OEM. Damn if you don't damn if you do.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
From the manual for AccuSlide Users:

Lubricate the entire circumference of the string serving that comes in contact with the crossbow barrel.

Find it at the bottom of page 13:
Just don't use the liquid on the servings !
Are you saying not to use "Ten Point Premium Lubricant" (with foam applicator) on the serving? I just received my new Viper and it needs lubed and the owners manual and TP videos I watched recommend just that?
I am confused as well.

The TenPoint User Manual states that the serving should be lubricated where the serving touches the rail, along with other points noted in the Manual.
It does not specify using any lubricant where the serving meets the arrow's nock.
Many xbow users do not use any lubricant, specifically wax, at this point, to avoid contaminating the Trigger Mechanism.

TenPoint clearly states not to use wax.
I would use the Scorpion Venom on the serving except where the arrow's nock meets the serving.

Read the manual, starting at page 13, a few times
( )

or better yet, call TenPoint and ask.
Be sure to mention that you have a Vengent/AcuSlide.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
So if you have to send the bow back for warranty work you have to replace the string again? Makes no sense?
Actually if you have string problems it will usually be a busted string that then damages limbs, cams or bushings. If that happened and I had to ship the bow back there would be no string attached as it busted and was discarded. So no I wouldn't put another string on a bow that had limb damage already. Just about every string that busts is by a dry fire and almost every bow manufacturer has an warranty exclusion for dry fires so it is up to them if they want to honor the warranty on a case by case basis.
Another type string problem is serving separations and I would not ask a company to replace a string that was not bought from them or an original factory string.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts