Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Barnett whitetail hunter 2 love this crossbow! However there is wax building up in my cam grooves is it supposed to be there and if it is am I suppose to wax all the servings even if there going into the cams? The serving that ends with the loop that actually attaches to the cam is coming apart a little bit is this bad? I have the combo wax and rail line by bohning! Thank you

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Bohning Seal-Tite is a good wax so is the Tex-Tite. It's good to keep the servings waxed as long as they are on tight. It helps with their elasticity but, don't over do it.
It sound like you have some seperation occurring. There's nothing you can do about it now, once it starts it doesn't stop. It's best just to get a whole new string or set of cables. Most likely your string elongated some and took the serving rounds with it. As the string elongated it thins. This renders the serving useless. You might be able to get a few more shots from it but, it could end up breaking. Just get a replacement set with tight servings. This is my advice.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I started using the trident silicone grease instead of wax. Build up no longer a problem and it needs to be done much less often.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I started using the trident silicone grease instead of wax. Build up no longer a problem and it needs to be done much less often.
It's a great lubricant also. If you put it on the sections that slide through the rail slot your going to definatly pick up a couple of FPS...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bohning Seal-Tite is a good wax so is the Tex-Tite. It's good to keep the servings waxed as long as they are on tight. It helps with their elasticity but, don't over do it.
It sound like you have some seperation occurring. There's nothing you can do about it now, once it starts it doesn't stop. It's best just to get a whole new string or set of cables. Most likely your string elongated some and took the serving rounds with it. As the string elongated it thins. This renders the serving useless. You might be able to get a few more shots from it but, it could end up breaking. Just get a replacement set with tight servings. This is my advice.
I’ve only had this crossbow for a year it’s the serving that’s on the loop that’s actually hooks to the crossbow will it really snap? The string doesn’t look frayed at all looks good would a pic help you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve only had this crossbow for a year it’s the serving that’s on the loop that’s actually hooks to the crossbow will it really snap? The string doesn’t look frayed at all looks good would a pic help you?
I just got this thing sighted in for deer season with g5 broadheads out to 50 yards like 2 inch groups and if I get a new string won’t it just stretch as well

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Barnett strings all seem to do this in the same location. I shot them for a year with the t separation on the end servings. That being said ,i replaced both my xbows Strings and cables with customs from Marty. 0 separation anywhere after 200 shots and I gained about 8 fps on both. No fluke,other shooters are getting these same results with Marty. Best money you will spend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Barnett strings all seem to do this in the same location. I shot them for a year with the t separation on the end servings. That being said ,i replaced both my xbows Strings and cables with customs from Marty. 0 separation anywhere after 200 shots and I gained about 8 fps on both. No fluke,other shooters are getting these same results with Marty. Best money you will spend.
How much is a string from Marty? When you replace a string do you have to worry about timing and shit on the crossbow? I bought a crossbow to avoid the headache of tuning like with my Mathews vxr thought about selling my vxr and upgrading my crossbow to the raven r 10 thing looks sick

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Compound bows and xbows require tuning occassionaly to maintain peak performance. The narrower the xbow the faster it is going to wear out strings and cables.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
It's a great lubricant also. If you put it on the sections that slide through the rail slot your going to definatly pick up a couple of FPS...
Marty, I rubbed your strings and cables down with it really good then put them in a zip lock for a couple days till I got them installed. I mean from one end to the other and xtra thick where they cross.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts