Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think of the Sevr Broadhead 1.5.I saw a lot of great reviews and was wondering if I should try them. I’m shooting slick tricks now but am always looking to get better performance. You thoughts would greatly be appreciate.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i like the 1.5 ........plus you can buy a single broadhead from them to try .....that is what i did ......i like them....... i am shooting a mission sub 1 .......they flat out fly like darts out of my bow.....they are tough......as long as you do not hit a rock after the shot......... jdh in AZ

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I bought them and wont use them, now that I tried them. I prefer quartering away shots and these heads do not react well to that. Worse (in fact) than any other expandable I have ever tried.... and I have tried LOTS!

Reactions: Yelpy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought them and wont use them, now that I tried them. I prefer quartering away shots and these heads do not react well to that. Worse (in fact) than any other expandable I have ever tried.... and I have tried LOTS!
Did you try these hunting? Or on a target?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought some of the 2.1's to try out with a RS470. If they shoot well then I plan on using them. I really like how you can lock them to practice with. Just hope my Morrell High Roller can take it!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just the 1.5s or all Sevrs? Care to elaborate on why they're so bad? Was considering some 2.0s but have had my doubts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have shot several animals ....feral hogs .....and quartering away on two of them in the shoulder plate with the 1.5 ....they performed great........no problems here.........hogs are hard to kill ...1.5 put them down.....i will be hunting with this head for now on.........

·
1,316 Posts
Seems with all of these broadhead post there are always great results and those that love them,, and poor results from people that will never use them again. There are so many variables in play shooting razor blades into tough, moving, animals at so many different angles and hunting situations that it stands to reason many different results will happen. I think most name brand broadheads will do the job hitting the best lung/heart spot. Other areas will get other results. finding one you like can be pricy but again Most Name brands that have been around for a long time will do the job.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've seen 2 separate YouTube broadhead tests that gave Sevr poor marks. The way the blades lock open seems to negatively impact penetration

1 - 11 of 11 Posts