Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here shoot through the screens on your blind? What kind of broad head are you shooting and have you noticed that it is affected? I hunt close quarters out of blinds and sometimes get noticed trying to get ready for a shot.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
I personally wouldn't chance it unless the shot was 15 yards or less and with a fixed blade only. I cut a hole in the screen on my blind about 10inches wide and 7inches high. I haven't shot through it though and mainly hunt from a natural ground blind set up. Camo myself well and keep movement to a minimum. Usually they will wind me long before they see me.
20200915_173036.jpg
20200913_074023.jpg

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would never try it myself. Just sit as far back in your blind as you can and wear black! Oh,close all windows except the front!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Used fixed blades, Do not trust mechanicals, at least I do not. I have harvested two does shooting through the mesh but have used a fixed blade.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can get away using slip cam design mechanicals( rage, old rocky mt. snyper) through screen. The ones that cam over the top( spitfire, wasp Jac hammer) can hang up in the screen and go who know where. I have set up one of my ground blinds close to my target and backstop and did some experimenting. Like others have said fixed blade always work with little to no change in POI.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Always do and with fixed as well as jackknife style expandables. Not rearward opening, as those dont work well with screen.

Does anyone here shoot through the screens on your blind? What kind of broad head are you shooting and have you noticed that it is affected? I hunt close quarters out of blinds and sometimes get noticed trying to get ready for a shot.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I leave the window on my blind open full time and the animals totally ignore it. No need to shoot thru the mesh at all.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I read somewhere that the shoot through blinds have no impact on your shot. You would just need to keep replacing the shoot through all the time. I would just leave it open and sit back and wear black or dark clothes and have a face mask on and do not open the windows at the back of the blind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts