Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
I have been shooting for 128 days, and have worked back to 100 yds +, I hop to get back to 110 or farther if I can finish cutting through neighbors hedge. Pic, is most recent shooting results with medieval style with no sights.
I absolutely like this post. Hedge away and outstanding shooting. There is something unique to squeezing the trigger and waiting for the impact sound on the target.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
That's one of the primary reasons I've spent so much of my time shooting at extended distances as opposed to shooting at 50 yds. and under. At 100 yards any lack of concentration or even the slightest breeze or other flaw is going to cost you an arrow, so you need to really be on your game when shooting. Listening for the sound of impact a full second or two after your trigger pull is your confirmation of a clean execution!

I doubt my eyes are good enough these days to see a fluorescent dot on the target face at 100 yards, but at a magnification of 10X I'm able to keep my crosshairs centered on that 1 1/2" dot. Not canting at all or squeezing off the shot unless you're properly centered all takes time and training.

The big advantage is comes when you move back to any shorter distance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I absolutely like this post. Hedge away and outstanding shooting. There is something unique to squeezing the trigger and waiting for the impact sound on the target.
Have you seen my videos on FB, in Crossbow Nation?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, great shooting at that distance. I love this long range shooting also, but only with newer bows.

·
Registered
104 Posts
In my training I´m going out to 110yards standing position freehand. Reason of 110 yards is that I sighted in my scope at 100 metres. But this shooting was with a Scorpyd with scope. So once more, congratulation to your shooting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my training I´m going out to 110yards standing position freehand. Reason of 110 yards is that I sighted in my scope at 100 metres. But this shooting was with a Scorpyd with scope. So once more, congratulation to your shooting.
As Soon as I finish cutting throught the neighbor hedge, with her permission, I want to go to 110 or until I cannot hit.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Again, there's something very unique about distance shooting. It's definitely not a part of hunters mentality or focus. It's a direct connection to a target shooters mentality which contually drives us to find ways to improve our shots at these and all other distances. It becomes a constant passion that also bleed over when it comes time to hunt.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Agree, very good shooting.
Albeit, the arrows don't quite match the style of the xbow...

Just for fun, here is one who went a slightly different route - shooting ELB arrows from a modern compound xbow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts