Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0B28BAD4-6139-41C9-8A82-A656DF6F12CA.jpeg
57CB0DFD-E943-4712-883D-AC8DC6E3AC23.jpeg
2531AE9B-B662-45AB-A327-BBDB21DED5F3.jpeg
39CCF283-1A20-4176-A467-E9EE3E7A0A06.jpeg
D523D75C-EAA8-4DF0-B14C-198CC328825A.jpeg
I received the Stealth on Thursday and squeezed some shooting in before the rain hit on Saturday.

I took two different arrows with me for shooting. One being their Center Punch arrows weighing 445gr and the other being a GT Lazer III Pro (Balistic 425 nowadays) weighing 418gr. As you can see in the photos the CP shot 388fps and the GT shot 400fps. That is slightly faster than what TP said it would shoot. Always nice when they exceed specs versus the speeds up to statement.

I’ve never been a crank guy but glad I went with the AcuDraw on this one. I’m sure I can hand cock this one but I’m also pretty sure I don’t want to. I did handcock the Shadow this year and was stiff so obviously the Stealth would require more manhood.

Right now the bow has the included Range Master Pro scope on it so I started at 20yds and worked backwards. The two attached photos are 40 and 50yds with their CP arrows. I don’t dare shoot groups! The 50yd pic only has two arrows because I pulled the arrow before I realized I didn’t take a picture. This bow liked the stiffer arrow without a doubt. So going forward I’m staying with their Center Punch arrow. By the way, two of these arrows had head on collisions with hard wood trees and survived with not physical marks. I won’t elaborate on how they found those trees!!!!

Here are a few random thoughts:

The bow is quieter and pretty vibration free. I did add limbsavers but not sure if they help or not. Better to be safe IMO. It is also insane to look down and see how narrow it is when cocked and uncocked even.

The string doesn’t seem to have a lot of downward pressure on the rail. Someone mentioned on another thread they had to change them out at the ATA. Lord knows how many shots were on them and I wasn’t there to see it. I will say after about 100 shots they look new to me. TP did release a video on string and cable maintenance.

The sled has been redesigned by TP. Slid easily off the string without that filmiar pinch from the steep string angle. Good job there!

The trigger is a TP trigger. If you slow pull it you have to get through some creep. Fast pull it and you don’t notice it. I’m no different from most of you and would prefer no creep. That being said I can live with the current trigger.

Their new camo on this and the Nitro X is a welcome change of pace. Much lighter and almost looks didgital. I’d like to see more of this personally.

As for the Stealth versus the competitors bow, here’s what I see. I prefer the full rail and stationary trigger box. I think it’s safer and much easier to load. I have to say the Stealth held steady and didn’t want to cant. The foregrip has a good shape to it and actually supports off hand shooting. There will be another picture of two different arrows touching. This was at 30yds and completely off had. Not bad I must admit.

As always time will tell how these bows hold up and if there are any things that need to be worked through. Out of the gate I see a lot to like about the Stealth! I will be doing some broadhead testing with the new arrows and will post some thoughts on that.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
those trees are hard to eat

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Nice review Mike! Good info for us waiting!

As for the penetration issue,, go with a heavier arrow and give some of that unneeded speed,, and you will improve the penetration issue,, ;)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I hope I don't find a need to add more arrows to suite this bow. I have 3 dozen factory accuspines, (.001 straight, spine indexed Executioners) for those not familiar with them, and one dozen .300" green omni nocks coming from Jerry, so I am hoping with 3 dozen excellent arrow waiting to use them in this bow. Setup with the Opti vane II fusion vanes that are compatible with the Tenpoint rail they weigh 415 grains using the 100 grain Viper Trick broadhead. This is going to be initial try in the Stealth when mine comes.

If they don't work I have 4 dozen tightly matched and indexed Zombie Slayers, that are over 22" I can cut down and go with 110 grain inserts and 125 grain for around 453 grains with a spine I know will work in the Stealth. I also have 3 dozen tightly matched 22" Spinal tapps I'm already using it the Darton.

I really hope the accuspines work mas good as what the center punch did for you Mike, as I don't have anything else to use them in. I can cut them down to 16" for the 330 Mad Max but I still have over 4 dozen double wall spinal tapps that are 18" to use in the curves.

My arrow supply is getting to be as out of hand as the 7 bows I had a few months ago. I am hoping this is it. The Mad Max 380 with matching 330 barrel, the Darton 150XT custom Deceiver, and this new Stealth should be all I need from here on out. Now I need to get out of the habit of buying arrows and broadheads just because I might need them some day, dam I'm glad I'm figuring a way outa buying new archery gear I don't need,,,,, ;)

Reactions: Rit and ramrod

·
11,783 Posts
I hope I don't find a need to add more arrows to suite this bow. I have 3 dozen factory accuspines, (.001 straight, spine indexed Executioners) for those not familiar with them, and one dozen .300" green omni nocks coming from Jerry, so I am hoping with 3 dozen excellent arrow waiting to use them in this bow. Setup with the Opti vane II fusion vanes that are compatible with the Tenpoint rail they weigh 415 grains using the 100 grain Viper Trick broadhead. This is going to be initial try in the Stealth when mine comes.

If they don't work I have 4 dozen tightly matched and indexed Zombie Slayers, that are over 22" I can cut down and go with 110 grain inserts and 125 grain for around 453 grains with a spine I know will work in the Stealth. I also have 3 dozen tightly matched 22" Spinal tapps I'm already using it the Darton.

I really hope the accuspines work mas good as what the center punch did for you Mike, as I don't have anything else to use them in. I can cut them down to 16" for the 330 Mad Max but I still have over 4 dozen double wall spinal tapps that are 18" to use in the curves.

My arrow supply is getting to be as out of hand as the 7 bows I had a few months ago. I am hoping this is it. The Mad Max 380 with matching 330 barrel, the Darton 150XT custom Deceiver, and this new Stealth should be all I need from here on out. Now I need to get out of the habit of buying arrows and broadheads just because I might need them some day, dam I'm glad I'm figuring a way outa buying new archery gear I don't need,,,,, ;)

WC I know exactly what you are talking about. I look around the shop everyday at stuff I will never need, like dozens of new unfletched shafts, drawers full of packs of vanes, broadheads, inserts, nocks, trigger assemblies, scope rails, risers, quivers.......ridiculous for sure. Got to start parting with some of that stuff.

·
Registered
13,737 Posts
And I began thinking I had it bad with 3 or 4 doz arrows I have now. HA!:) Nice review on the new bow.:)

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Catter unless you are working something else out with David, you’ll be getting 9 arrows with your purchase. I’m sure the BEE would shoot fine but I would start with the Zombies. I think this bow likes a stiff arrow. Keep me in mind if you don’t want the factory arrows

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Will do Mike, I ain't saying I won't shoot them, but I gotta try these accuspines. If they don't work out, I will be using the ones that come with the bow. It's pretty obvious they are shooting pretty good for you. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
We just got a Stealth in, Ramrod. Looking forward to picking your brain and comparing notes as we get it set up.
IMG_2484 (Small).jpg

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m impressed Todd. I think they accomplished what they set out to do. The CP arrows compliment it nicely. Mine is shooting above advertised and you gotta love that. It is strange to see such a narrow bow.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I test shot a Stealth NXT locally and it also shot above it's rating. I got 383fps with the Evo arrow. Guy that shot it before me got 388fps.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm going to put four different arrows through it. One of them being the EVO-X Center Punch. I was impressed with their performance during the limited time I spent with them at the ATA. Is that the arrow you guys are preferring?
arrows (Small).jpg

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I started out to shoot GT Lazer III Pros. The bow likes them okay but groups were more open then I liked. The CP arrows were for consistent. Considering how accurate they were I figured why mess with what works. When you can pound arrow speeds in the mid 380’s with a heavy arrow, what’s not to like. My BH target is in dire need of replacing before I start that testing. It won’t stop those heavy logs as it sits

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The Evo is what I plan on shooting in the Nitro X. The Shadow liked a weaker spine in my testing or I'd be shooting them in it. I like them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts