Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I sit here in this tree on this unusually warm day, I thought about these new broadheads I have been using since Sept,. I feel after taking some game I could comment on their performance.
I am using the 125 g, 4 blade 3 inch cut, Whitetail Extreme.
The heads cost $11 a pop. They are a one n done head. To replace the rebuild components just isnt enough savings.
Now for performance, The entrance holes are small, but OMG the exit is huge. They fly just the same as my FP. Now for the bad, the blades seem to break at the pivot point. I have found that they break after the exit, maybe when hitting the ground etc. I did find one time where a blade broke off in the animal.
The other thing that ticked me off is when the blades came into contact they would pivot back onto the carbon arrow. But being that the brass insert is there I am sort of ok with it. I would live to try other heads but unfortunately not to many companies make a true 125 g head. I know Swat makes a add on weight, but i rather see them put that weight into a better blade, not just garbage weight.
Anyways i just got 3 more packs , Until something i feel better comes along, I will stick with these. Oh, yes I do double band them. They are not Xbox rated

Trigger Motor vehicle Air gun Gas Bullet

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just shot a buck last night with the 125g Grim Reaper Pro (not white special)... he was slightly quartering toward me so i got him partially in shoulder but got both lungs... didnt exit but entry hole was 4"... 2 other deer ive shot were with 100gr grim reaper razor tip and left devastating holes and trails... very happy with all 3 performances. My lighted glory nock let me down last night tho

·
12,851 Posts
I only ... wish broadheads were one & done... if I had the money...lol I have to rebuild 7 broadheads before the next hunt, 6 FOC's and a Spitfire MAXX. Tedious, boring, time consuming, and annoying work for me. Whadda pain in the arse. I'll say this much for the Truglo 4 blades, those things are clean-em and re-use'm. They're nearly bulletproof! Put one through a raccoon the other night with zero damage to the broadhead. Just wish they dropped deer better. Broadheads have become ludicrously expensive. (n) Replacement blades ain't much of a bargain anymore either. Pretty much sucks if you're killing quite a few deer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I've been shooting the 4 blade Extremes and now shoot the 3 blade Pro Series Specials. My experience is similar to Marks. I do like 'em and will continue to use them until something better comes along. I take 1-2 pigs a month and that takes a toll on arrows and broadheads but it's a price I'm happy to pay. Now if we could get GR to make them in black.....

Reactions: Tuco

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
so in interesting information here.
Who has used the S.W,A,T heads and waht was not to like about those....? I have been shooting those and they fly real good.

Reactions: WWB

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Loved the crossbow rated razor tip reapers but basically one and done. I now use the Swat Xmags and they are one and done. I have a ton of replacement blades and some day will rebuild a dozen XMags .

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Loved the crossbow rated razor tip reapers but basically one and done. I now use the Swat Xmags and they are one and done. I have a ton of replacement blades and some day will rebuild a dozen XMags .
The blades are 1 and done on a Swats but I haven’t had a ferrile messed up yet. Have you?
They are easy to rebuild also IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts