Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of once fired custom 20" Spynal Tapps I purchased for a crossbow that I sold. They were pretty expensive and I dont want to have to discard them. I bought a new Excal that uses 16.5" arrows. Is there any reason other than maintaining the manufacturers minimum recommended weight that I shouldn't shorten them?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Just because your new Excal shoots 16.5 inch arrows......doesnt mean you have to. But go ahead and cut them....they will work fine. I would leave them at 18 inches myself....

·
Registered
344 Posts
I shortened some 20” BEE’s to 16.5 for my new 340 mag. No problems at all. You can actually save the inserts and reuse them. Just clean them well before you install them.

·
Registered
Excalibur Axe Kryptek Raid
77 Posts
doesn't the spinal tapps have the long inserts up front? If so you would need to cut them at the nock end and reflect.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
Excalibur Axe Kryptek Raid
77 Posts
Reflect

·
Registered
539 Posts
Why couldn't you pull the insert instead of re fletching ?
Put in a field point heat just the point . Don't over heat pull the point , cut and re glue insert . What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a set of once fired custom 20" Spynal Tapps I purchased for a crossbow that I sold. They were pretty expensive and I dont want to have to discard them. I bought a new Excal that uses 16.5" arrows. Is there any reason other than maintaining the manufacturers minimum recommended weight that I shouldn't shorten them?
I have some brand new quills if ya want to trade?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Why couldn't you pull the insert instead of re fletching ?
Put in a field point heat just the point . Don't over heat pull the point , cut and re glue insert . What's wrong with that?
That is an impossible task

Reactions: longbow42

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking to use some XX75 Easton arrows on my Barnett WTH but cannot find the half moon nocks that fit that size arrow. The O.D. is 9/32" not sure at this time what the I.D. is. Any ideas where I may find the nocks would be appreciated or would they not be compatible at all?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am looking to use some XX75 Easton arrows on my Barnett WTH but cannot find the half moon nocks that fit that size arrow. The O.D. is 9/32" not sure at this time what the I.D. is. Any ideas where I may find the nocks would be appreciated or would they not be compatible at all?
You will have to make them yourself, there is no crossbow nock that size

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Are the moon nocks too big or too small. If slightly big I put nock in the chuck of cordless drill and sand down, If little small I build up inside of shaft with clear fingernail polish layers till snug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not bought any as I do not have a supplier for the half moon nocks that are not lighted ones. I do see your point on sanding them down though. The lighted nocks have a larger O.D. than the arrows themselves. I am new to crossbows but have used compound bows for years before an accident made it unsafe to pull the bow. Do you have a recommendation for arrow parts? Thanks for your reply also. I also just noticed Jerry R's reply, I can also try to make my own.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I have been building some smaller diameter carbon arrows using the centerpoint 400 nock. These should work for your arrows as well. My carbons are .302 OD and.246 ID. I have to lightily sand down. I believe Stalker builds his own xx75s and could help you. PM him. The Orange nock is the Centerpoint on smaller arrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts