·
Registered
828 Posts
Those were the days!

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
581 Posts
Great picture, brings back a lot of memories. Love that camo and the traditional bowhunting hats. That picture begs the question, how many bowhunters could still bag a deer with that equipment??
No sights, no mech release, no 80% let off, no trail cameras, no automatic feeders, no food/bait plots, etc. etc.. With all of todays latest and greatest gizmos and gadgets, bells and whistles, Is todays hunter really a hunter? Sorry, I just had to vent a little.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Cool pics! Way before my time but still awesome. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Awesome Pick !!
WE need picks like this from time to time to just show where it began !!!!
I can remember my first hunt with my 45 # bear recurve at the age of 16 , WOW things have changed !!!!
Thanks for the pick !!

·
11,423 Posts
The older I get, the sweeter my hunting memories are, literally all bowhunting memories. My love for flinging arrows will never end. I’ll bet OLDFLYER feels the same way. :giggle:

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
Oldflyer, that many years ago there weren't any deer around my parts. Great picture. thanks for sharing.:)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Awesome picture. Thanks for sharing.
My first bow kill was only 35 years ago.
I’m still a spring chicken. My generation had it easy, I had a bicycle to ride to school uphill both ways in the snow.

Reactions: KTownKiller

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Awesome picture. Thanks for sharing.
My first bow kill was only 35 years ago.
I’m still a spring chicken. My generation had it easy, I had a bicycle to ride to school uphill both ways in the snow.
Yeah, you probably had snow tires on your bike too! I had winter boots but my dad wouldn't let me use them to go to school in the winter, so I had to walk on my hands that 10 miles to keep my shoes dry. I had so many calluses on my hands, my dad thought I was doing something else and beat me with a medieval mace.

th.jpg

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oldflyer, that many years ago there weren't any deer around my parts. Great picture. thanks for sharing.:)
The only time I had deer around "my parts" is when I put sweet corn with molasses in my pockets! :D:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts