Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where is the proper hold on this old gal for a quick clean kill?:ROFLMAO:
This thread was made as a joke.
9B2C3A41-3E28-4F10-B777-72FFCBFDCBED.png

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Neck shot. Drop her quick. I dropped a few last season by doing. They would hold up and not expose rib cage. So boom with the Ravins. Don’t think the deer like that bow very much.
F7571B5B-D339-41A7-9BE7-DC7D7FE5A8ED.jpeg
A2C9FEE4-47C2-40C0-9984-6CA420E1F168.jpeg

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a shooting situation to me. I would be waiting for a better opportunity.
What if I was using a "adult arrow" with a 400 gr. single bevel broadhead at 350 FPS? Don't you think it could blow right through that feeder leg, ribs, shoulder, lungs and heart? 😜

·
8,875 Posts
No shot … unless you have a rifle and target the brain. Even at that, you have about 2 seconds to acquire the target POA and squeeze off the shot. Just not a good choice for a shot to be had. It's what my old mentor used to call: "gambling to lose."

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No shot … unless you have a rifle and target the brain. Even at that, you have about 2 seconds to acquire the target POA and squeeze off the shot. Just not a good choice for a shot to be had. It's what my old mentor used to call: "gambling to lose."
Duke, that old gal will freeze in her tracks when I hit her with the old "one eyed beagle" Q-Beam spot light.

Y'all do know that this entire thread is a joke. I would never take such a shot at a deer much less shoot one at night.

·
8,875 Posts
Duke, that old gal will freeze in her tracks when I hit her with the old "one eyed beagle" Q-Beam spot light.

Y'all do know that this entire thread is a joke. I would never take such a shot at a deer much less shoot one at night.
Yeah … exactly what I've seen killing deer at night. She'd just rotate around with her hooves held high above her head. "Don't shoot." "I surrender." :p 😂

·
Registered
814 Posts
Killed on 8/4/2020??? Hopefully the camera date was in error.

Reactions: wildcatter

·
8,875 Posts
In my mind, Deer hunting is having the patience to wait for a good respectful shot.

Shooting a standing deer is a bad choice and displays a lack of patience and respect for the deer!
But … you don't have to worry about shooting over or under the deer!...lol Use that technique all the time on woodchucks. ;)

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It might be a joke but it is certainly not a shot opportunity I would ever take!

Reactions: Rit and Iron Duke

·
8,875 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would aim for the Achilles to drop her into a seated position. From there, shoot the legs off the tripod so she's pinned and you can get a good aim at the rib cage. Back up to 100yds for ultimate bragging and finish it off with a clean double lung shot! 5 arrows for 1 deer ain't bad at all, and if you're good and fit, 5 shots plus about 70 yds of backing up should only take 5 minutes. Some folks here haven't even aimed at a deer within 5 minutes of seeing one, imagine!

Lol

·
8,875 Posts
I would aim for the Achilles to drop her into a seated position. From there, shoot the legs off the tripod so she's pinned and you can get a good aim at the rib cage. Back up to 100yds for ultimate bragging and finish it off with a clean double lung shot! 5 arrows for 1 deer ain't bad at all, and if you're good and fit, 5 shots plus about 70 yds of backing up should only take 5 minutes. Some folks here haven't even aimed at a deer within 5 minutes of seeing one, imagine!

Lol
Look like Fort Apache when you got done.😜

Reactions: dynamo61 and Ghnami

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
A sniper or military man is sometimes required to take a high risk shot. It is rare that an average citizen has to take a risky shot and I can't think of a reason why any hunter would take a risky shot. I know I could drop her but wouldn't risk it . She would live to see another sunrise.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts