Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,350 Posts
...and that doesnt go just for Ravins either. ALOT of us have already learned that lesson.;)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Your first Robin Hood or two is great, but after that it's not so great. You realize that it cost too much money for such foolishness as shooting at the same spot for a second time.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
How did it lose the bushing too? The bushing should have been glued in but there doesn’t seem to be any damage to the shaft. Are you sure the bushing was glued in? Are you sure you shot it off? Or is it laying somewhere between where you shot n the target?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
How did it lose the bushing too? The bushing should have been glued in but there doesn’t seem to be any damage to the shaft. Are you sure the bushing was glued in? Are you sure you shot it off? Or is it laying somewhere between where you shot n the target?
As you mention, if there was no damage to the arrow shaft, the bushing was not glued in.
With a snug fitting nock on the bowstring, this would be why the bushing came out when
the arrow was shot.

From different feed back, Ravin has been having trouble with the nocks and bushings.
Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I'm sure it was shot off. I found it lying on the ground off to the side of the target and you can see it was hit and the bushing is still on it.
Here's a picture of the nock with the bushing still attached

Attachments

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Yes I'm sure it was shot off. I found it lying on the ground off to the side of the target and you can see it was hit and the bushing is still on it.
Here's a picture of the nock with the bushing still attached
My opinion, the nock has definitely been hit. Looking at the bushing from the picture,
it does not look to have been glued in or very little. Take a good look at the nock end
of the arrow shaft, looking for very fine cracks. The bushing may have been a poor fit
as well.
If a normal 1/2 moon nock is pushed in but not a tight fit, sometimes just hitting the target
the nock can pop back out.

Take care.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My opinion, the nock has definitely been hit. Looking at the bushing from the picture,
it does not look to have been glued in or very little. Take a good look at the nock end
of the arrow shaft, looking for very fine cracks. The bushing may have been a poor fit
as well.
If a normal 1/2 moon nock is pushed in but not a tight fit, sometimes just hitting the target
the nock can pop back out.

Take care.
I took my thumb nail and I can feel the crack in the top of the shaft. It is not very visible though.
I agree with you on not much glue on the bushing.
I've had trouble with the fletching coming off because of not enough glue when I first got my ravin.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Definitely not just a Ravin issue and hasn't been for a long time. Glad you learned in a memorable way and should help prevent you from anything that could injure you or your bow. Arrows hiding damage can have lots of dangerous potential. And shooting at the same spot with multiple arrows has long been the leading cause of that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts