Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
8,915 Posts
G-Washington.jpg

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
The Manticore appears to be only a 150 lb pull crossbow. If you are using your cocking rope correctly you should be only pulling 75 lbs which would equate to 37.5 lbs on each arm. If your cocking rope is long enough to easily hook both sides up then you need to shorten the rope to where when you hook one side you then need to pull the string back by hand for 3 or 4 inches and then hook the other hook onto the string. This will make cocking much easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Iron Duke, Czech Republic has one of the most relaxed arms regulations in the EU. But I don't know any other country other than the US which has arms mentioned in the constitution.

·
8,915 Posts
Welcome back Duke. I see you finally made it. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah … rebooting the computer did something. I heard I won a participation trophy for activity and had to come over to accept the reward. Anyone know what that reward is? Money? A new Ten Point Vapor? Scorpyd Nemesis? Autographed picture of Moon? ANYTHING? :p

Reactions: gingerjake

·
8,915 Posts
How … do we edit around here now? I'm toast without an edit feature!:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Manticore appears to be only a 150 lb pull crossbow. If you are using your cocking rope correctly you should be only pulling 75 lbs which would equate to 37.5 lbs on each arm. If your cocking rope is long enough to easily hook both sides up then you need to shorten the rope to where when you hook one side you then need to pull the string back by hand for 3 or 4 inches and then hook the other hook onto the string. This will make cocking much easier.
yes, it is 150 lbs. I adjusted the rope length as I am short. it clicks into the slot but the rope engages the lock-unlock button and the string releases when I let it go. The plastic hooks that go on the string I place them one on each side of the middle about 2 inches out. I pull, when it gets to the locking mechanism the hooks slide to the middle it clicks but never stays. I have used the hooks on top of the string and under the string. it still slips to the middle when pulled. the back of the pull rope rests on a screw attached to the sighting area that I put in to keep the rope from slipping off the gun portion of the bow. I have removed the screw and tried it that way with the same results. 20200528_103220.jpg

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Yeah … rebooting the computer did something. I heard I won a participation trophy for activity and had to come over to accept the reward. Anyone know what that reward is? Money? A new Ten Point Vapor? Scorpyd Nemesis? Autographed picture of Moon? ANYTHING? :p
I got several awards for some reason. I am expecting a large check in the mail any day now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
yes, it is 150 lbs. I adjusted the rope length as I am short. it clicks into the slot but the rope engages the lock-unlock button and the string releases when I let it go. The plastic hooks that go on the string I place them one on each side of the middle about 2 inches out. I pull, when it gets to the locking mechanism the hooks slide to the middle it clicks but never stays. I have used the hooks on top of the string and under the string. it still slips to the middle when pulled. the back of the pull rope rests on a screw attached to the sighting area that I put in to keep the rope from slipping off the gun portion of the bow. I have removed the screw and tried it that way with the same results. View attachment 179473
The hooks should be hooked on the string up against the barrel when you are cocking the bow.

·
Happy Member
5,472 Posts
Also those threads on that screw/bolt will start cutting that rope on the rope cocker. I’d put a piece of plastic or metal spacer over the threads.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
453 Posts
I pull, when it gets to the locking mechanism the hooks slide to the middle it clicks but never stays.
Perhaps shortening the cocking rope as much as possible helps.
I have a Sanlida Chace recurve as SHTF crossbow, 150 lbs as well. Can cock it with my bare hands without problem.
And of course a collection of knives and some axes. I have some penchant for blades ...
Not to speak of (vertical) recurves and compound bows, which I shoot regularly in my archery club.

Perhaps the EK archery Cobra R9 / RX would be an option for you.
Cocked with a lever mechanism, and available in 90 and 130 lbs (heard of a 110 lbs version as well).
In Europe sold as "EK archery", the brand name in North America might differ.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Only this xbow is out of production for years now, and you have to compete against well-off collectors to get a used one ...

·
8,915 Posts
Reactions: Lever Action

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Preppers make me laugh. Maine has a lot of these minds at work and has since the 50's. I know a few.
SHTF scenario is going to be very different depending on where you are. In the U.S., we saw that scenario in the 30's and the results on the land shortly afterwards. Game animals wiped out to the point, you couldnt find one if you spent all week looking for one. Same (pretty much) went for small game. Buy a fishing pole.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Here's how … useful your crossbow is in a SHTF situation. Actually, it's even LESS useful because you can get off 5 vertical bow arrows to each ONE crossbow shot!...lol Mind you, these rioters don't even have weapons. Protesters take on driver aiming bow and arrow at them in Salt Lake City
That would surprise the cops in Atlanta where there were several shootings during the rioting and several of the protesters that were arrested had weapons on them. They even got a few ARs I heard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Actually, it's even LESS useful because you can get off 5 vertical bow arrows to each ONE crossbow shot!
That and a bow has less parts that can fail and is not as heavy, easier to carry (especially a takedown recurve). Would you guys say these asian recurve crossbows (man kung etc.) are like glock/ak/ar in the firearm world in terms of reliability/availability of parts though?

Buy a fishing pole.
Agreed.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts