Registered
453 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey forum,
i'm kinda torn which bow to get.

Here are my thoughts:

Recurve xbow: Excalibur GRZ2 ("only" 200 lbs draw weight, might be possible to cock without cocking aid, simple design, easy to maintain), or used older models (saw the Excal Phoenix for example, but it seems bigger than the Matrix)

Compound xbow: Barnett XP370 ( faster reload/lower draw weight, higher speed/not as loud, might be better for self defense, more things to break, harder to maintain)

Long term SHTF: takedown recurve bow (40-50 pounds) and learn how to make arrows.

Thoughts?
thanks
Learn to make a long bow if things go real bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only advantage I could see in a crossbow is if you wanted to hunt for food during a SHTF situation is noise . Particaly is you don't have a silencer on a rifle or subsonic ammunition on hand then the noise will give away your position. Partially if you needed to fire more than one shot. Or you found yourself in a situation where you were forced to take animals from a place that perhaps you should be.
Good way to get dinner, also to take out a lead person on partrol w/o giving what could turn out to be an ambush.
And during 'Nam best weapons' other than M-14's M-16's was short barrel 12 Ga. and crossbows to take out sentries...lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
Learn to make a long bow if things go real bad.
One might need a basic grasp of bow-building before, or else you starve to death at times of need ...
Snares and traps (for smaller game) might be a valuable tool as well.

While I see the intermediate-term future of Europe not really all that peaceful, a civil war is not as likely as in the US.
Not that I hope to be right - just my projection from current events and processes.

·
8,915 Posts
One might need a basic grasp of bow-building before, or else you starve to death at times of need ...
Snares and traps (for smaller game) might be a valuable tool as well.

While I see the intermediate-term future of Europe not really all that peaceful, a civil war is not as likely as in the US.
Not that I hope to be right - just my projection from current events and processes.

Reactions: Hidden Waters

·
Registered
453 Posts
Seeing how easy people are duped into wearing face diapers and protest on behalf of a petty criminal just because of skin color, I'm not sure if 8 trillion bullets are enough ...

·
8,915 Posts
Seeing how easy people are duped into wearing face diapers and protest on behalf of a petty criminal just because of skin color, I'm not sure if 8 trillion bullets are enough ...
Like the … Chinese hordes, a human wave of liberals just keep coming and piling up until you run out of ammo or burn up your barrel? :unsure: 😂 Then they overrun your position and club you to death with a looted Starbucks chair leg?:p

Reactions: AK_Taxidermist

·
Registered
453 Posts
Let's see how this plays out.
There is some potential for conflict (say, muslim "immigrants") here in Europe, too.

BTW, had a tiring kind of SHTF day today at work. As an engineer in an engineering department, it is shocking to see so many highly educated workmates swallow that Covid scare hook, line and sinker. Obviously, gullibility is unrelated to education and "IQ". But curiously, very much to debt rate and the urge to display status symbols ...

·
Crossbow Nut
3,124 Posts
Reactions: Martymig
61 - 71 of 71 Posts