Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know I spent the last 4 years shutting up anti-crossbow advocates and learning as much as I can about the subject. Imagaine studying this subject that long before I ever got to shoot one seriously.

Well the big problem is not accuracy or speed or power or what not, it is noise of the crossbow that chaps me to no end. So in about 5 minutes I figured out how to quiet one down once and for all. Since Horton was nice enough to send me my first Crossbow, and its a honey to say the least, I sent them my idea. In the meantime I tried all the conventional ways and as I figured It didn't work.

With all the egg heads out there nobody saw the forest for the trees. The tecnology was right in front of everybody but they didn't see it. It was like reinventing the paper clip.

Well this is not my first invention, I also invented a shotgun shell that will kill a turkey at 90 yards instead of 40, but no one listened then either. The prototype worked just fine, but the war stopped developement, for the time being..Im not worried as most turkeys are killed at 20 yards anyway.

You might want to ask youself why Marlin and CZ made better triggers on their .22 rifles. Perhaps it was a little thing called the Top Gun Challenge squirrel rifle match feturing the Black Death Target. We made the squirrel rifle more like an Olymipic target rifle, but nobody cared. But anyway I invented the match itself in 1999. have you ever seen a person shoot 5 bullets down a soda straw, top gun shooters do it all the time, at least now they do. Now I want to play with crossbows..cool...

But the silencing of a crossbow is so easy I cant imagine why no one ever thought of this in the first place...oh well ...I told Rick at Horton lets see what they do.:ack2:

Yea i know you want to know now, dont you. Maybe Leonardo Da Vinci could have figured it out if he really cared to do so. The other Italian genius, (me) figure it out, not for money but to shut up the crossbow so the Nannys won't jump the string.

After the wise men all say it cant be done, I wonder who will just try it and see. Think of all those that will be exchanging butt kicks on each other once they find out how simple.:cool: Anyway I'm going to enjoy this one...pass it :rolleyes:on.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
I wait with baited breath!:rolleyes:

·
116 Posts
Just a remark in passing... I'm going to have to take a pass on passing it on as I have no idea what it is that I'm supposed to passing on.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Quiet? I like mine laud! Makes me patient, having to let deer get close. And if I do miss, only means I can hunt more.

·
310 Posts
Thanks!

UJO,
Rick has passed your info on to me. We are looking into it.
No timeframe at the current time.

Thanks for the help,
Mark W. Beck

·
72 Posts
hey, tell me

Hey tell me the secret about this new technology. I can keep a secret. It's just everybody that I tell who can't keep the sectret!!:rolleyes::)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well I'm glad they listen to someone! I want a rubber dipped foot stirrup and a rubber washer behind the bolt that holds it to the bow. Can you ask them for me, please? LMAO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
could it be that to make one quite, Is to not shoot it? Or better yet. Just add rubber between the string and the limb.....
Pete

·
Registered
121 Posts
Barnett uses over-molds of thermoset elastomers on all of the AVI model bows. The limbs and the stirrups are over-molded to reduce vibration and noise. There are even vibration dampeners on the bolt retainer.

Independent testing (crossbow-review.com) has shown that the Predator, Rev AVI (and through inference Quad AVI) are some of the quietest crossbows in the industry.
Revolution AVI 86.3dB 99 ftlbs KE
Predator 86.0dB 137 ftlbs KE

For reference most other crossbows are in the 89 to 92 dB range.

BXB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Hoss, they will never figure it out in a million years. But it is fun:rolleyes:

Im splitting cards with the Horton now, man what a rig, I compare it with my CZ-452 .22 rifle as far as quality and accuracy. They didn't believe the Black Death target could be maxed out either. Its all about practice.

·
Banned
402 Posts
this one is very quiet by Horton

This one has lots of Mods and is very quiet,
I am guessing a rubber spacer between stock and riser/ and replace the bolt with a limbsaver stabilizer short so you can still cock it and get your foot inside stirrup.and rubber coat the stirrup.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts