Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I couldn’t resist and have decided to pull the trigger on a new siege. I’ve seen a few others posting about theirs shooting much faster than 410 FPS and was curious if anyone has chronographed the more recent ones a little closer to the advertised speed?

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
358 Posts
I haven’t chronographed mine, but it has the more powerful limbs on it, I’ve seen where the newer ones are even shooting a little faster than 410fps. All depends on arrow weight. I’m shooting a 440 grain arrow and still had to change the scope out, just too fast. Love the siege.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
They work very well too!

I've owned all of the TenPoint RDX bows (love em) and this combination of RDX and Slide cocking technology and Size is the best.......

·
Registered
6,149 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was curious what others who own the Siege RS410 think. So I have had the Invader 400 with the Xero scope (yeah I know overkill) for a few months and shoot it at the range (20 yds) 1.5/week mostly taking my son who practices with his compound. I maybe have put about 300-350 shots and the strings are going strong (religious about waxing/lube). I got the Siege off the market place, looks awesome by the way. So I sort of see the invader 400 as my workhorse bow but certainly plan to use the siege. I plan to hunt for a few days in the spring and fall (just turkey) with the siege so obviously won’t see much use if just for hunting. I love shooting at the range and sometimes only get 10 shots off in my hour (chatting with others and helping my son). So:

1. if I use the siege once weekly do u think this will be an issue on the bow itself (constant stress on limbs and stuff). Obviously the normal stuff for string/cables. Curious if anyone does this and their experience? Not sure if the "higher" tech reverse draw xbows are more high maintenance and really just for hunting. I know some people who only take out their bow just to hunt but otherwise don't use it. I personally find it to be a stress relief to just shoot at the range.

2. Xero X1i: Fun device and debating on keeping it on Invader 400 vs changing to Siege. Seems like a pain to change between xbows since I will have to dial it in again? Anyone do this? Maybe makes more sense to put on Siege since this will shine for hunting.

If I do switch to mounting on the Siege, I wasn't sure if better to mount closer to the front or the rear. I guess it would depend, but assuming normal vision is there a general rule about where scopes go?

3. Maintenance: So for the invader 400 i have used wax in strings after each shooting session no matter shots and lube flight deck after each session too. I was reading the manual and seems little different for the siege. Stuff about foam and it is hard to tell what part of string to wax with the cam and the angle without getting things gunked up. Also the serving seems to be above the deck some so how often does one wax that?

A part of me just wants to have one bow for shooting at the range and hunting but I really do like the Invader 400, has been a solid bow and there is something about shooting a solid forward draw bow.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Was curious what others who own the Siege RS410 think. So I have had the Invader 400 with the Xero scope (yeah I know overkill) for a few months and shoot it at the range (20 yds) 1.5/week mostly taking my son who practices with his compound. I maybe have put about 300-350 shots and the strings are going strong (religious about waxing/lube). I got the Siege off the market place, looks awesome by the way. So I sort of see the invader 400 as my workhorse bow but certainly plan to use the siege. I plan to hunt for a few days in the spring and fall (just turkey) with the siege so obviously won’t see much use if just for hunting. I love shooting at the range and sometimes only get 10 shots off in my hour (chatting with others and helping my son). So:

1. if I use the siege once weekly do u think this will be an issue on the bow itself (constant stress on limbs and stuff). Obviously the normal stuff for string/cables. Curious if anyone does this and their experience? Not sure if the "higher" tech reverse draw xbows are more high maintenance and really just for hunting. I know some people who only take out their bow just to hunt but otherwise don't use it. I personally find it to be a stress relief to just shoot at the range.

2. Xero X1i: Fun device and debating on keeping it on Invader 400 vs changing to Siege. Seems like a pain to change between xbows since I will have to dial it in again? Anyone do this? Maybe makes more sense to put on Siege since this will shine for hunting.

If I do switch to mounting on the Siege, I wasn't sure if better to mount closer to the front or the rear. I guess it would depend, but assuming normal vision is there a general rule about where scopes go?

3. Maintenance: So for the invader 400 i have used wax in strings after each shooting session no matter shots and lube flight deck after each session too. I was reading the manual and seems little different for the siege. Stuff about foam and it is hard to tell what part of string to wax with the cam and the angle without getting things gunked up. Also the serving seems to be above the deck some so how often does one wax that?

A part of me just wants to have one bow for shooting at the range and hunting but I really do like the Invader 400, has been a solid bow and there is something about shooting a solid forward draw bow.

thanks!
For question #1, the xbows are made to be used. We got over 500 shots on our Vapor before deciding to change strings/cables (cables had fuzzies, string/serving was still good).

For question #2, I would mount XERO as far back as possible.
We have the Havoc XERO (same footprint as Siege) and the XERO is all the way back.
Eye relief is perfect and xbow balances real well with the weight at the rear.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
358 Posts
I’ve only had my Siege about a month. It won’t get a lot of use outside of hunting except for getting ready for hunting season and occasional practice.. I always seem to have 10 things going at once. I wouldn’t think it would be too hard on it sitting idle with only limited use. Just check over everything good before use.As far as waxing the serving, just ever so often but not too much or the serving will get too “soft”. Wish I was more helpful but I sure like my Siege. From what I can tell the maintenance is pretty much the same as any crossbow. Make sure you fully understand the functionality of the acuslide. Easy but also easy to overlook the obvious things such as making sure the string latches on the trigger box latch and not the anti dry fire mechanism. Once cocked relieving the pressure on the cocking strap. It’s a blast to shoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts