Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had any issues with the Sig BDX system losing blue tooth connection? I have the 2.5-8x scope with the KILO 1600 rangefinder set up and I have noticed that I lose my blue tooth connection when I move the rangefinder over two feet away from the scope. I called Sig service and they claimed they have never had this issue before...figures.
I must say that they were very good in getting the issue cleared up with no questions asked and a return shipping label was sent. I sent the combo back to them today for review. Hoping for a quick turnaround, season is coming quickly.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
No issue like that here, Aqua12345.
We find the bluetooth drops at around 15 feet or so.
Glad Sig is taking care of you.
Just curious, did you try a different cell phone?
Which cell phone were you using?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sig told me that the signal should be good up to 10 ft. I have the app on my I-phone and once paired the phone should not come into play but for making changes to your set up.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Sig told me that the signal should be good up to 10 ft. I have the app on my I-phone and once paired the phone should not come into play but for making changes to your set up.
Yes, you are correct about the cell phone not being needed after pairing.
My bad, not sure where my head was at there.

Reactions: Aqua12345

·
Registered
163 Posts
There were some reports that the 1600 had a weak blue tooth connection. On the Sig FB group, several people have recommended the 1800 over the 1600 for this reason...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There were some reports that the 1600 had a weak blue tooth connection. On the Sig FB group, several people have recommended the 1800 over the 1600 for this reason...
Well I received my BDX system back from Sig today and kudos goes out to Trent at Sig service. He got my scope turned around and back in the mail in two days. Sig tested the unit and found that the blue tooth signal on my 1600 was not up to spec and sent me a new Kilo 1800 in its place. As stated above, apparently the 1800 has a stronger signal. I removed the old app., downloaded a fresh one and set up the new pairing. Now my signal was good up to an honest eight feet as long as I did not come between the scope and rangefinder. If you loose signal you have to move the units closer to re-establish connection. That works for me and there is really no need for any more distance at that. Thanks again to Sig for making this an easy fix.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well I received my BDX system back from Sig today and kudos goes out to Trent at Sig service. He got my scope turned around and back in the mail in two days. Sig tested the unit and found that the blue tooth signal on my 1600 was not up to spec and sent me a new Kilo 1800 in its place. As stated above, apparently the 1800 has a stronger signal. I removed the old app., downloaded a fresh one and set up the new pairing. Now my signal was good up to an honest eight feet as long as I did not come between the scope and rangefinder. If you loose signal you have to move the units closer to re-establish connection. That works for me and there is really no need for any more distance at that. Thanks again to Sig for making this an easy fix.
always great to hear about excellent customer service!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts