Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bow is a ravin R26. After pairing scope and rangefinder and putting all information in do I have to do anything else before adjusting turrets when sighting in at 20 yards?

Also have one on another R26. It is dead on at 20 but when shooting at 30, 40, and 50 it shoots higher at each distance. What do I need to adjust in the App to correct this? Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
By the way, you don't need all that when doing your mechanical zero at 20 yards. It is when you start shooting from BDX calculated LED aiming points that you need that data in the App and you need a profile set up with your dope on you xbow, arrows, speed scope height etc. Once you get close out at 60 to 80 yards, then you do a muzzle velocity calibration and you will be hitting the ten ring consistently.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Bow is a ravin R26. After pairing scope and rangefinder and putting all information in do I have to do anything else before adjusting turrets when sighting in at 20 yards?

Also have one on another R26. It is dead on at 20 but when shooting at 30, 40, and 50 it shoots higher at each distance. What do I need to adjust in the App to correct this? Thanks
See the recent posts I made about muzzle velocity calibration and you will be hitting dead nuts on after that. Be sure and watch the Sig Sauer informational video before you do the calibration. It is easy but there are some crucial steps he goes over in the video.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I think I got you. So make sure it’s sighted in at 20. Put all information in the app. Move back to farthest point you plan to shoot and range and shoot. Then put in on the muzzle velocity where it’s hitting

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See the recent posts I made about muzzle velocity calibration and you will be hitting dead nuts on after that. Be sure and watch the Sig Sauer informational video before you do the calibration. It is easy but there are some crucial steps he goes over in the video.
Where can I find your recent posts about muzzle velocity calibration?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ok I think I got you. So make sure it’s sighted in at 20. Put all information in the app. Move back to farthest point you plan to shoot and range and shoot. Then put in on the muzzle velocity where it’s hitting
Yes, once you've done all that, move back to farthest distance you will shoot, take a careful shot. Literally measure how high or low you are from POA to POI. Input that in the muzzle velocity calibration function on the Range finder tab on the FPS line of the App, and you will be shooting dead on assuming you measure carefully and have an accurate high or low measurement. Let me know if I can help any further. Also, I do a check of the calibration by sighting in at say 70 yards, when I am dead on there with the muzzle calibration, I take shots at 50, and at 90 and 100 yards. Once your calibrated you should be dad on at any distance for that profile (that arrow weight, fps, etc). Remember, once you calibrate you have to re-range because your scope will need to get the new input so the LED aiming point is adjusted from the previously ranged target at the previous FPS which has now been altered by the calibration process. good luck.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Set your speed for the rated speed of your bow to start. I set my scope height at 3" from the 2.75 shown after measuring it and my 2.5-8x32 seems to like it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The sight height setting should be dead center of scope aperture to middle of string. I left mine at the default 2.75" inches

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
The sight height setting should be dead center of scope aperture to middle of string. I left mine at the default 2.75" inches
I got about 2.96" when I followed your recommendation on measuring on mine. I used the rings that came on my R20. Probably would not make over a click or two in difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts