Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new vision, tried to 'sight-in' using the scope and black aluminum arrows with points, that came in the package set. sighted the first line in the scope at 30, then walked back to 40 and shot with the first line again to see how much drop in the arrow, the 40yrd shot with the first line dropped about 18" low..did the same shot again to double check..and almost hit the first arrow just about touching at the fletch. i am very impressed with the accuarcy of this crossbow, but..an 18" drop from 30 to 40 was a big suprise to me and also dissapointing, i have shot vertical compounds for so long and this being my first x-bow i was assuming a much flatter trajectory. my 60# vertical compound has 30-40 yrd drop difference of 6-8"..is this common for crossbows?..... i endend up sighting in at 30 first line, 35 second line,40 third line and another big supprise with the fourth line being 60, just wondering is this a normal sight pattern and trajectory drop from 30-40?.. i might add that this crossbow is sure to be one great killing machine, i hit bullseye all day from 30yrds in from every shooting position, and is very awsome at quick shots 30yrds in.. it shoots great with awesome accuracy at 35 and 40yrds just hade to be aware of the yardage once i past 30...but anything inside 30 i can shoot with out even second guessing.

·
64 Posts
, just wondering is this a normal sight pattern and trajectory drop from 30-40?

Typically the first line is set up for 20 yards, 2nd 30 yards and so on........

Dave........

·
Registered
153 Posts
The scope that comes with the Vision has a reticle that is calibrated for 300 fps arrow speed. Sight in the top line at 20 yards and the rest will fall right in line (30, 40, 50, and 60 yards).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure you've resolved this by now, but wanted to add that the arrows that came with the Vision seemed pretty bad to me. Even after I sighted my cbow in, those ones were all over the place while my carbon Bone Collector arrows were accurate almost every time. I would have found it very difficult to sight with the provided arrows if I hadn't bought better ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it’s a old thread but had a question recently picked up empire terminator 175 I bought carbon bolts 20” and sighted the 20 in at first sight backed up to 30 and shot way low barely hitting the bag... what could cause this using bigger bolt size not sure just wanted some info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts