Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought one of these off the evil auction sight, and here are my initial thoughts.

1: The build quality is very nice! This thing is solid but isn't too weighty, Sightmark says it weighs 14oz.

2: The lenses are very nice and clear all the way to the edges. Eye relief is a little on the short side, and "narrow" if you will, but very functional.

3: This scope is supposed to be calibrated for 320fps, it was spot on at all yardages with my Excal Axiom. I think my Axiom shoots around 310 with the arrows I'm running. I shot it out to 50, and the marks were all dead on out to there.

4: I stayed out 10 minutes past legal shooting light and I was able to see my deer target very clearly, however, the reticle was too fine to use without the illumination. I only needed it on the lowest setting, but nevertheless I could not see the black reticle on the deer target.

5: The reticle is awesome! The crosshairs are very thin and I like that. But like I stated above one needs the illumination to see them close to end or beginning of legal shooting light.

I gave $79.99 plus tax for this scope and I couldn't be happier! I have never owned a Hawke so I can't compare, but this looks as good as my Vortex Crossfire 2 or my Weaver 3-9. I hope this helps someone make a decision if they are on the fence about buying one!

·
2,797 Posts
I also recently got one as well. I would agree with your assessment. I thought it was clearer than my Ten Point Rangemaster pro. I found your #4 to be true. Reticle is too fine to be seen if the light is even slightly dim. Illumination on the first (dimmest step) made some things behind it become dim and hard to see for my eyes. Wanted to like it, but it didn’t work for me. Glad it works well for you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the speed adjustable one, and like it. Also have a crossfire2, and a crossbones. Happy with all 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts