Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If one was to purchase a single reticle scope to put on an Optimizer for 100 yard target practice, which one would you select?

Mid price range would be important as well.

Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I have 2 different scopes set up on Jack Plates. My favorite is the Gen2 Vortex 4-27. My 8 yr old daughter confiscated that for her Seat. That's about $2700. I put an inexpensive Texas Precision Optics Sniper 3-18 x 50 on an Aculeus and it has been great. It has good glass and is I illuminated recticle. It is not a Vortex but is under$300. For the price it is a good buy. I have put about 130 shots with it and it has been good. I like the adjustable parralex. I use Burris s signature rings as I need the shims as it is considered a long range scope.I use the Signature rings on both scopes.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Reactions: SEW and Generator

·
11,282 Posts
Such a wide range of choices and opinions 😊. Look through as many as you can and buy what your wallet will let you. PM long range shooters like SEW for advice.

·
4,694 Posts
Sent PM. I’ve found at 100 yards, there’s little advantage going much above 14-15.. The last deer I shot with an arrow was in Jan 2020, the scope was on 14 and I watched the non-lighted arrow hit (the stationary, non-moving deer).
The point is, that the target optics can also serve great as hunting optics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts