Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow members I ran across this site and thought it should be shared with CBN members.
Especially those whom are looking for a new crossbow or a first one.

Best Crossbows Comparison

Spot

Reactions: JOE PA and heldfast

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
There is a nice summary of the each xbow's specs.
Each comparison page has a video for each xbow.

Some are apples and oranges comparisons:

If you click the link for the current pricing and reviews, the Ravin link opens a page to buy arrows.
The Excalibur link opens a page with no product or price available.

But, as I already mentioned, it is a good repository for quickly locating useful videos of the different xbows.
Good stuff, thanks for sharing, Spot-on-arrow.
(y) :cool:

·
2,781 Posts
Could be some help, although I agree with the apples to oranges comment. Reading on here is pretty good too, if you can recognize bias that is very obvious if you have been around a while, but harder for a new user to see right away. Still comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

My name is Alex. I`m the creator of crossbowsprofy.com.

I am glad that you think that this resource can be useful for those looking to purchase a crossbow.

Could you please give me little feedback on this website?

What features or information should I add to make it more relevant and useful for buyers? Any specific requests?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Looking at the Mission MBX-Sniper Lite and CP400 for example.

All the Appearance, Dimensions and Technical Details are available so it would be nice to see that for both bows. 3 of 8 entries for the CP400 doesn't provide much to compare.

Technical Details that are important you should consider adding:
  • Trigger Break Pressure and Trigger Creep
  • Fully Loaded Bow Weight (mounted scope and loaded quiver)
  • "Width" should have "Cocked" and "Uncocked" measurements
  • Add "Introduction Year" so buyer can see if this is a 1st year bow or if it's been around for a few years
My personal opinion on the videos is it's handy to have them in one place but many are vendor vidoes so they are far from objective reviews. The MBX video is from ???? and adds no value to those of us that don't understand that language.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys,

My name is Alex. I`m the creator of crossbowsprofy.com.

I am glad that you think that this resource can be useful for those looking to purchase a crossbow.

Could you please give me little feedback on this website?

What features or information should I add to make it more relevant and useful for buyers? Any specific requests?

Thank you!
I appreciate you asking about improvements. At the start I knew your site was beneficial to the members because of the number of request I see from members wanting more input on what to buy.
As for improvements it all depends on much work you are willing to put into improvements. I depend on the net for useful information on many things I buy. I researched the KI Ripper 415 before I purchased it. I am satisfied with the Ripper and provides more than I expected for the money I paid.

Suggested improvements for you site:

1) Allow the use to pick the crossbows to compare up to 3 side by side.
2) Pick a list of items which are most beneficial for crossbower to know on each crossbow so all are compared with the same items
3) Include items like these:
Draw weight, speed, total weight, overall length at shortess adjustment, power stroke, ATA distance of bow while un-cocked and cocked, scope specs, MSRP, linked reviews, package details, adjustable foregrip and butt stock, pull lbs of trigger, warranty detail, etc

Since crossbows have grown into a large industry for us sportspersons this will help all of us. CBN is very useful for me. I am grateful for all the suggestions by members who are nice to share their knowledge.

Best of luck!
Spot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts