Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I belong to a site in Pennsylvania that until recently had a kinda neutral Crossbow Position. Well there is a huge show-down on the horizon here in Pennsylvania and it appears a very organized anti club has turned up the heat even on an open site. The Crossbow Forum has been over run with this groups representivies and the site has chosen to ignore the anti's attacks while doleing out suspensions and bans to the Pro Crossbow community. So what can be done? I'm thinking hit these sites where it hurts....in the POCKET BOOK!
Review the sponsors on the sites and let them know you spend money and the site they are advertising on is not supporting all hunters! Let them know your money spends anywhere! The only pressure I am seeking is to be fair! What other ideas are out there to bring about change?

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Loss of members? Gather up all your crossbow friends and bring them back here. The anti's might temporarily hold some of the boards to themselves but they will soon be sharing the woods with us in ARCHERY season.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Tim, I feel your pain! Been hearing from a bunch of people that they have been suspended on other sites as well. I wrote to the moderator of HuntingPA.com and they said that if the rules are followed then a member would not be suspended. He also referred to the philosophy of the site being a freedom to air one's opinion. You and I know that is true only if it does not oppose their own.

I am in PA as well and am working with a guy that is building a pro-crossbow site to support statewide approval in our state. There will be a petition to sign and that will be taken to the PGC meeting in October. He has speakers scheduled for the meeting as well. The site will have manufacturer sponsors as well as an outfitter.

I will keep this site updated with all info as it comes in. Gather all your buddies in PA and have them ready to go when we need you. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't wait to have all this fighting & attacks behind us in "ALL" states so we can go back to talking about hunting with "fellow" hunters and not be at each others throats! This in-fighting among hunters is NOT good for the sport! It's a shame it had to happen!

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Tim50 said:
I can't wait to have all this fighting & attacks behind us in "ALL" states so we can go back to talking about hunting with "fellow" hunters and not be at each others throats! This in-fighting amoung hunters is NOT good for the sport! It's a shame it had to happen!
It doesn't have to happen. It's just a few vocal members of a few groups that are stirring the waters for everyone. Here at Crossbow Nation, we welcome all hunters, it doesn't matter what your weapon of choice is, as long as you like to shoot and are pro hunting.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Funny that UL has the right idea, and others can't or won't catch on. Let me tell you, nothing is ever fair, so your gonna have to learn how to deal with that. In my way, I just posted hunting videos on the site, and it's a very video oriented site. It has a built in youtube uploader on each post window.
Then, let others while posting comments, notice I shot 3 hogs, or two hogs, and let them say it. The antis would watch my videos, but would never comment on them or bring up those usual subjects while it was the center of attention. So, I just kept posting to keep it quiet, but yet giving information without posting words. Can't get banned for that!
It showed the lies being outed, without anyone saying so. That's how I did it on the "other" site. I obviously had to draw my bow to in order to shoot again and again, with the animals standing in front of me at the "moment of truth" which is their biggest point of fact for the difference between the weapons. The antis on that site did watch and learn because it was brought up later. In turn, I always post on their videos something positive.
Oh, here. Let me give you a link to a hunting video or two you can share if you want to, saying a friend of yours sent you this video. They are on this site in the video section as well. These vids were posted only for this necessary reason, not really to just share my hunt, but to prove something. You're welcome to use them for your advantage. They weren't good for any other video projects for one reason or another.

3 hogs with arrows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxHnWbhoXvk
2 hogs with arrows
http://www.youtube.com/v/5lABFuuDPpI

·
329 Posts
to all,

fwiw, i'm pleased to tell you that the anti-XB NUTS have accomplished NOTHING here in the Old Dominion.

when a few "antis" showed up (with the PETA FRUITS & NUTS!!!) at a "public forum on urban deer hunting", they were told to "say their piece" & then clam up, so that others could speak their mind. (at that point the NUTS got up in a huff & left. = good riddence.)

i find it "interesting" that FREEDOM of SPEECH, in the mind of radicals, extends only to THEIR point of view.

yours, tn46

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Tim are you asking for a few extra pro posts there? Would like to know the site just to look around. Not that the anti's have anything new to offer.

We have the hunting with hounds deal going on here in VA. BIG bubbling pot of poop cooking here. I can relate to a few trying to control the rest.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I'm looking for a way to show the site that their anti slant is not shared by all members. The problem is they edit & delete the pro crossbow posts and let the outragous anti's stand! I've been told they are looking into the issue but so far I have seen only suspensions & bans coming down on the pro crossbow side! The Pennsylvania site is over run with the little state bowhunting group who just happen to oppose the crossbow inclusion at all cost! PM me if you would like the site.

·
211 Posts
Big-Bird-VA said:
Tim are you asking for a few extra pro posts there? Would like to know the site just to look around. Not that the anti's have anything new to offer.

We have the hunting with hounds deal going on here in VA. BIG bubbling pot of poop cooking here. I can relate to a few trying to control the rest.
LOL

you mean that all the high and mighty wisdom and endless facts proving you wrong that "thesource" has been trying to drill into you still hasnt sunk in yet?

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
KLS said:
LOL

you mean that all the high and mighty wisdom and endless facts proving you wrong that "thesource" has been trying to drill into you still hasnt sunk in yet?
He's almost got me convinced. Just waiting for that picture of him with a stick bow and his P&Y deer. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Big-Bird-VA said:
He's almost got me convinced. Just waiting for that picture of him with a stick bow and his P&Y deer. :rolleyes:

Lol, you'll see xbows legal in NY before you see THAT picture.:D

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Was just over at the NJ site. They were moaning that at the meeting they seem to have already made their mind up and didn't want to hear what they had to say against xbow inclusion. Must have been the survey results. :D

Thought a few on here might like to know that.;) Got a "go back home" reply on my post there. Must have hit a nerve. Good shot huh?

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
;):D

·
35 Posts
I put a post up over there in the seperate crossbow season thread when i was told to get a season of our own , i suggested the last two weeks of sept so we could hunt in the summer pattern and the third week of nov. to hunt the rut. i received seven PMs telling me that they knew all along that its all about antlers,this tells me its not about crossbow inclusion , its about no crossbow season ever. Write call or visit your legislators in PA and ask them to support HB#2653. RJS aka darkhollowarcher

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Darkhollow...It has ALWAYS been about the rack! They are kidding no one! 270,000 hunters in the woods & the buck/doe ration is almost even! If it wern't about antlers why the fuss about the RUT? I want inclusion so I can use my Excal at camp in Forest County! Most people don't hunt the Allegheny National Forest with wall hangers in mind! I'm tired of the name calling and the "we're better than you" attitude shown by a minority of bowhunters. Honestly the guy/gals I have spoken to at my club and in conversation at shops generally do not oppose inclusion! It is a well organized VERY vocal minority that is holding the vast majority hostage!

·
219 Posts
Hey Tim...Wouldnt it be nice to see a crossbow season run from the end of the current Pa. archery season thru the Saturday before bear season? ;) I better keep dreamin. :D

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just want the season so I can come down to Fayette and have you put my son on a SGL51 buck! (SAVE the REAL big buck for Dad!!!;))...

·
219 Posts
I am sure there is another lurking in that swampy bottom behind the house for ya buddy...;) I had a "flash" that he is there.

·
35 Posts
Tim
I am one of the unfortunate or in some ways fortunate that i have a lifetime permit to hunt with a crossbow in Pa. The reason i lobby for full inclusion in archery season is i dont think you should have to wait until age and health restrictions finally allow it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts