Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First thing I noticed was the weight in my book that say quality. And thankfully it is cause FedEx did a number on the box. I'll start with the handles there is a 6-3/4" handle at 3oclock a large 14-7/8" at 6oclock and two handles at 9oclock 16-1/2" & 6-3/4". The two 6" handle's have rubberized grip all handles flip up and clamp down in place securely. The latches are cool they have a release clamp that makes opening and closing Pleasant like that feature. Looks water proof to me. The weels help move it along so that's good I don't have to Carry this heavy sucker around. Inside is nice I saw no flaws in the cuts the foaming is firm but not so much as to not cushion if you catch me. I did notice the cam sits up above the foam I thought it was the quiver bracket keeping it up so I removed it and to no prevail it still sits up. The case long end measures 33-1/4. You have 9 arrow slots located at the under top for holding Arrows not in your quiver. The crank handle must be removed to put the crossbows in. I may report more just wanted to get this out there. Kudos to Dave at wyvern creations.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upon further inspection I notice the wheels on one side are turned in towards each other and the bolt is bent IAM sure FedEx did it looks like I can get a bolt from Lowe's and fix it looks like you just threads through I'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was somekinda bent luckily just just take the nut off and it slides right out SKB and they were willing to send a replacement Bolt immediately I think I can fix this.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This case had to take a hell of a hit or something don't know what could have bent this bolt like this no cracks in the case no damaged anywhere else I would say this passes the bar by far.

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
This case had to take a hell of a hit or something don't know what could have bent this bolt like this no cracks in the case no damaged anywhere else I would say this passes the bar by far.
Looks like it took a direct hit from a lift truck fork, fell off a pallet from 12 feet or out the back of the Fedex truck.
Tough case, that's for sure.
Look like Pelican cases, may be same manufacturer?

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
It was somekinda bent luckily just just take the nut off and it slides right out SKB and they were willing to send a replacement Bolt immediately I think I can fix this.
You could put that bolt in a vise and easily straighten it.
Wishing you the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah but it's fully encased would have thought the wheels or something would have cracked who knows only God just glad that's all it is to replace how's the saying go what can go wrong will go wrong. The picture shows how the bolt would have been fully in case I dodged it this time.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Yeah but it's fully encased would have thought the wheels or something would have cracked who knows only God just glad that's all it is to replace how's the saying go what can go wrong will go wrong. The picture shows how the bolt would have been fully in case I dodged it this time.
Thanks for sharing.
Any damage to the bolt holes in the case or the wheels?
Being that bolt is well supported, something had to have
hit or it hit something pretty hard to bend it, even if it is a
soft grade bolt.
Take care.

·
Registered
Scorpyd Ventilator Extreme. 22" Spynal Tapps. Rage BH
205 Posts
Are you kidding me,thats nothing a little duck tape cant fix! 🤣 Seriously though that thing had to take one mean fall or one knuckle head fork lift driver to do that. IMO Thanks for sharing too very nice box. 👍

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to Lowe's, no bolt long enough had a 3" I need 3-1/2" so I did what everyone with no other option would I hammered the bolt straight as I could and we're back in business.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts