Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
For the common folk. Here’s one of our mediocre setups. Custom Excalibur Micro 315 with factory trigger and T/T lever,Red Hot illuminated 3x32 crossbow scope, Hawke 1” medium double screw match rings, BigShot Extreme 500, Herter’s bench, Cabela’s shooting bag, Bushnell Trophy Extreme range finder and last but not least, SSA 17” Spynal Tapps.
:oops:;)
Dang, that's a lot to haul up 17' into a tree for one shot at a deer.:p

·
Registered
473 Posts
My Matrix 330 is a little slow with my 426 grain 2219 alum. arrows, but no one has complained yet.

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
203 Posts
I went from a finicky, broadhead picky 400+fps crossbow to an Axe 340 and liked it so much I bought another. I have used some large fixed blade broadheads and they all fly perfect.
Slow rigs git-r-done for me too.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
My best shooter is running 230fps with a 560 grain arrow. Speed isnt a factor when you can hunt. Distance is all that matters.

Reactions: gingerjake

·
Registered
13,241 Posts
The "slow" bows are more than capable ;-)
Just have to know your equipment.
My 'ole school Excal Vortex shooting BEE's @ 305 fps are tack drivers. Out to 45 yards (my distance) I don't doubt any arrow I pull the trigger on. Ive killed atleast one deer every year Ive owned her and am looking forwards to putting another one down this coming season.

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Nice shooting and prett well bullet proof set up. A tick otters worst nightmare

·
Registered
346 Posts
Locked & Loaded.😎
That's a nice setup.

I see you have your RAVS (limb dampeners) are way inboard. For minimal speed reduction?

We have a 308 Short and a Micro 355 in the family. Would definitely not be opposed to adding a 315 if the right deal came along. There is surprisingly little noticeable difference in shooting between the 308 and 355. But very noticeable cocking effort and limb stress difference.

·
Happy Member
5,472 Posts
I had less noise and vibration with my RAVs mid limb on my Micro Nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: wheelsquad
21 - 40 of 56 Posts