Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Vapor RS470
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is going to get to hunt Sunday, which is rare because he plays College football. I was tuning up my spare bow(96 model Huntsman Advantag)and after confirming zero at 20/40 yards I noticed a splinter in the top left limb. Can I sand it down and carry on? Planning on getting a Seige or Havoc in the Spring for a spare. Thoughts?
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Plant Automotive tire

Hood Aircraft Airplane Vehicle Camouflage

Wood Creative arts Art Natural material Camouflage

·
5,494 Posts
Definitely looks like an old bow. Doubt there’s any replacements for that. If it were mine, I would do as Robert said. Superglue, maybe some serving thread wrapped around the limb at that spot. If the limb goes, it should splinter farther and probably fold over rather than explode in a truly dangerous way. Either way, that bow’s days are numbered. Time to plan for a replacement.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Grind the Whole sliver out with a Dremel tool and put Some regular Bohning FletchTite glue over it. This is an Older less Stressed cross Bow..it will probably last a lot longer Than u Think. The trick is to get all the Cracked fibers ground off..so they don't start to splinter Again.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Id let my son use mine if thats all I had. Or maybe pick up a cheapo for now so you can hunt together. Id be a bit leary on chancing it. Last thing Id want is my son to have a bad day out because the limb broke.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
I'd file it out, glue it up, and wrap it tight with tape. I'd give my son mine and use that one myself. Good luck to you guys.:) BTW, which school does he play for?

·
Registered
Vapor RS470
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He will be using my Vapor. I glued the splinter yesterday, haven’t had time to see how it did yet. If it didn’t glue well I’ll grind it out. This will put me on track to find a replacement. He plays for UCA out of Conway, AR. #91 but changed back to his HS #9 this year.

·
Registered
650 Posts
He will be using my Vapor. I glued the splinter yesterday, haven’t had time to see how it did yet. If it didn’t glue well I’ll grind it out. This will put me on track to find a replacement. He plays for UCA out of Conway, AR. #91 but changed back to his HS #9 this year.
GO BEARS!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts