Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for side to side movement to remain ... more like a rocking of the right and left a small amount once the cross bow is assembled ? I am wondering if I need to tighten it up more or not... I am just assembling a terminator and am new to this...
thanks in advance bowmen..
dk

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Don't know squat about Parkers, shot two of them at a show recently and didn't notice any slop in them [Cyclone and BB]. Would think movement would affect tiller and while not as apt to show up w/ field points, can make you pull your hair out w/ bheads. IMHO. Call them.

·
219 Posts
hmmm

I have a Terminator and there isnt any slop at all. Even when I grab the limb ends and wiggle the bow while the stock is held with pressure on the ground. Sumpin just aint right there.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
I'll have to second Thrillbilly and Awshucks. I am no expert by any means. But I would tend to think there should be no play anywhere. Flexing possibly but no slop on any bolted part period! If the joined material is flexing then that is common. If the joined material is flexing and rattling from a loose fit I would seek out customer service. Something is not right.
Call them seconded.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
If you're talking about the Cyclone or Hurricane, where the tiller joins the action/stock, the 4 screws holding things together can loosen making things wiggly. Blue LocTite will keep them from loosening but should be checked periodically. From personal experience with Cyclone btw action screws needed same treatment on my Terminator.

·
219 Posts
How did things turn out? I hope its was a loose bolt and nothing more.

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep all is well.. wyvern called me and advised I needed to man up and put a vise grip on the screw driver if necessary and tighten that bugger down.. I did that.. shot it today and it shoots really nice so far... just sighting and getting aquainted..
I was not putting enough in the tightening, I just had elbow and wrist surgeries four weeks ago and thought I was putting out, but I was not evidentally... LOL
it is well but tight now, and loc tite is on it as well...
thanks all, took me a couple of days to get back here...
dk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts