Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Just an update what HuntersThompson has in play with FarmDeer and ASAP arrows. This is going to be an interesting play. Mike is going to test shoot these out of his TS370. I'll be close behind once Mike submits feedback. These are .302 diameter arrow with a .246 inner diameter with a custom made ASAP Versa Nock designed just for this arrow. Score! Mike, do share how these shoot when you get them.

Mike, what is the GPI on these arrows? Note, these are Bhoning HEAT vanes.

Reactions: Mudslinger

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
HyperFlite arrow owners, FARM deer will get to building a ASAP Hyperflite arrow alternative. He's quite busy but will get to it in time. Nice to have options. When he builds them I'll be buying a HyperfliteWhtetail 410. Just sayin'. Will get it with the built in CCD too.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Can't wait to here the feedback , has anyone tried them out on the Hyper series bow yet ? Or will you be waiting to get your 410 to test them.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Not yet but that may happen soon. 👏👏👏

Not sure current Versa back will fit in trigger box. Curios to HyperTac owners can you load a regular arrow in your Xbows?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yeah that's what I was wondering, on my Hyper ghost regular diameter is a no go, but it is going on two years old, maybe the newer ones are different.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
These are 20 inch 418 gn with 100 gn head. The string to nock Is dead solid perfect. Will get my publisher to post when he gets back from vacation. Still cannot figure out how to post picts from my phone and needed the zoom with these black nocks.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Buried one till you couldn,t see the nock. First time on this Iron man target. Pushed it back thru not the slightest wrinkle or vane/ shaft separation. These heat vanes are tough and apparently so is the adhesive being used. Impressed.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Okay, folks here she pics how well ASAP .302 arrow and proprietary to size Versa Nocks fit on the TS370 and TS390 and I will be shooting the soon on my TS380. The fit is absolutely perfect. This should apply to the XP series as well. However, I can't confirm at this time.

In trigger box area.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Penetration talks. "That's what x%$ said. Hitting pink dot's is beyond hunting requirements.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Alright, I expect soon to get my batch of Gold Tip .302 Hunters from ASAP arrows. I'll be going long shooting my TS380. Stay tuned I do plan to shoot out to 100 yards.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
These will be what I hunt with this year. Been windy lately when shooting. These are much less affected by the wind than larger od arrows.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
How do these arrows fly in windy conditions vs traditional .346 diameter arrows? Oops, one more followup questions. What is the GPI for these smaller diameter shafts?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
These arrows have a gpi of 9.3. Same as zombies. Which means they are much thicker walled being smaller diameter. Pict showing size diff.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm not throwing a few dozen/couple hundred $$$ worth of 20" arrows for a new bow.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
There is no new xbow buying involved here. These are for standard Barnett xbows that people are having nock/string alignment issues with. That they happen to get better penetration, less wind resistance and are sturdier with thicker walls is just a bonus. These are not the micro hyperflight arrows for the new hyper tac xbows.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I'm not throwing a few dozen/couple hundred $$$ worth of 20" arrows for a new bow.
HI Archer, this is a work around solution that could have added benefits and doing some test shooting. I much appreciate Mike taking the risk on this with his hard earned cash. Same with JoePa. He sent some arrows to Mike to be test his cheetah arrows. Willing to try this with my existing TS380. Looks to be a better fitting arrow thus far vs standard .346 arrows.. Both work but if the thinner arrow holds the line better in a gust of wind why not. :cool:

To be continued.

41 - 60 of 111 Posts