Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Gents, Mike has challenges posting pics of his .302 skinny arrows. I should have my arrows next week and will report once I shoot out to 70 yards and then further. See Pic: Here are Mike's Gold Tip .302 hunters shot at 45 yards. I say SCORE and well done Mike. One value add he reports is in windy conditions. Shooting traditional size arrows .344/.346 vs .302 the skinny arrows the skinny arrow held both the elevation and windage line to hit his POA. The traditional .344/.346 shot lower on that same windy day. Mike can respond with additional followup comments.

45 shooting results:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Tom I upgraded to a new phone finally,great camera,now I just have to figure out how to use all the crap it is capable of. These are shooting lights out. I did clip one of the nocks with another arrow so down to 2 testers till the others get here. Got stupid and shot a group. Payed the price.:cry: You and FD are a bad influence on me.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Mike, glad to help. Enjoy the new phone and keep shooting. To think you have 2,700 plus shots on those TS370 limbs is a testament to Barnett's design for that Xbow.

Reactions: JCAT

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Been shooting the.302 arrows out of my TS 370 everyday for quite a while now. Work perfect. Nock string alignment is dead on. Hitting bulls up to 45 yards consistently,even in the wind. The combo of smaller shaft combined with Heat vanes and custom nock is a go. I will be hunting with these. Tomontherun is getting his this week along with an DRT 385 to test them on. He already has the ts 380. Hoping his testing mirrors mine.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Reactions: Lettem Walk

·
3,635 Posts
Well done, Mike. Now we just have to wait for months for the trophy pics. You will probably never find the arrow after pass through. :)

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Last one was easy to find. Buried in tree and shattered. Very Rocky here in sw Missouri. Pretty much just expect to donate 1 to the hunting gods. No complaints, deer down well worth it to me. Tom getting his batch in to test has me pretty juiced. Really want to see how they perform for him and at longer distance. 45 and in, these things are wicked.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just read the opening posts title and think to myself, who cares and why?
Why do I need a smaller diameter arrow? Vertical guys maybe some.
Crossbows?
I dont see it.

I dont have anywhere near the M.O. that some of the major players have and I can drive a typical arrow through a mac truck.
Whats the advantage?
A smaller arrow is going to ride lower (than designed) on most crossbows today (bad deal) and even for the non-rail people...where is the upside?

Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
This arrow was designed for the Barnett models that were having a nock string alignment issue. these are not micro arrows but are .044 smaller than standard. They solve the issue of the narrow rail channel on these xbows. They have the same gpi of 9.3 as a zombie. Makes them very strong, they do get better penetration,less drag so they lose velocity slower and maintain their flight path longer. Less affected by the wind. You don,t need these. I just wanted them,so I did. Never attempted to shoot these out of any other brand and make no claims.

·
Registered
136 Posts
This arrow was designed for the Barnett models that were having a nock string alignment issue. these are not micro arrows but are .044 smaller than standard. They solve the issue of the narrow rail channel on these xbows. They have the same gpi of 9.3 as a zombie. Makes them very strong, they do get better penetration,less drag so they lose velocity slower and maintain their flight path longer. Less affected by the wind. You don,t need these. I just wanted them,so I did. Never attempted to shoot these out of any other brand and make no claims.
Good deal. Thanks for the reply.
That said...
Barnett sold some crap and then suggests buying new arrows to fix their F up?

Thats weird/offhanded.
Good to know though. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
This is 45yards just now with a 19 inch headhunter with aluminum nock . Very accurate. The other is a 20 inch .302.. Both shot using the same mildot. No wind at the moment. Both arrows will kill deer. Not bad for a f,d up piece of crap. :unsure:...oh and thats an extra inch of arrow in that target from the .302

61 - 80 of 114 Posts