Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a a few video clips I did between 4,200-6,000 frames per second on the Aero Micro Rest.

1. The idea that the rest did not dampen, is false. At 6,000 frames per second you can see it doing exactly that.

2. The " whiplash " theory. This was something I was concerned about, but the fact is I tried to screw it up and the thing still shot good. The one broad side shot at 4,200 frames per second in 12high bit depth shows a clean launch. The arrow barely oscillated, little credit on the build too ;).

3. The bow right now as it sits with the Aero Micro Rest is about rail-less with no retainer clip..

The bow shot well with the retainer clip and without, the shots with the micro were all without the retainer clip . More shooting and testing to be done. I am trying to perfect this and so far out to 70yrds and in high speed video I have no reason to move anything, but cross hairs... I have a new build in with this The Cursor-X m A 26 inch Aero Concept 2.0 with AV3 vanes at over 540gn on a 12gpi shaft.

Thanks for watching.

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
That is sooooooo cool.
Truly amazing what a high speed camera can capture.
The arrow is past the Aero Micro Rest, then the xbow starts to oscillate from the recoil.
Thanks for sharing with us, Vital Limits.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Looks like that Aero Micro Rest does it's job pretty well. So your saying that this rest eliminates Archers Paradox completely?

·
Vendor
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like that Aero Micro Rest does it's job pretty well. So your saying that this rest eliminates Archers Paradox completely?

From what we have filmed with my arrow builds on initial launch with or without rail the arrow ( with dynamic bend located ) will flex upward. For the rail-less end this mean predictability and for those who shoot railed bows this can less pressures if the arrow were to be be more in contact with the rail. After launch because of Concept system either 1.0 or 2.0 the arrow just about can instantly recover and go into the gyro. I have a video coming at the completion of everything where I the arrow appears to to be completely stabilized and rotation starts to take place with the area of the foot stirrup which is just inches after leaving the bow and that is with straight fletch AV3 vanes. The bow with the Aero Rest being about rail less now still subject to string travel, but launch as seen is very well and the help of the rest to dampen is shown.

The High Speed cams are a huge help in seeing what is going on and even better is that I can show people what I'm talking about so they can see what is happening..

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
...The High Speed cams are a huge help in seeing what is going on and even better is that I can show people what I'm talking about so they can see what is happening..
Yes, and as such, I believe it would help Manufacturers to build better xbows, arrows and vanes.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Vendor
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its amazing how much flexing goes on when you shoot a bow. Even the verticals dance pretty hard
Absolutely. All kinds of stuff happens . You should see killer instinct, I was amazed how the cams didn’t rip themselves out of the limbs . Now I understand what may be some of the reason for those big gaps in the limbs .

·
Vendor
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, and as such, I believe it would help Manufacturers to build better xbows, arrows and vanes.
You would think it would but it won’t for the most part. QAD is a popular rest in vertical bow world and I’ve seen high speed video on that done and that is the last rest I would put on a bow. Unfortunately much of what is out there in archery that you would think is pro type stuff is really just box store “gimmicks” ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts