Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to cock my 370 for the first time this year, hunted with it last year, and the string wont stay back when pulled all the way back with the cocking rope. I've tried multiple times and it wont lock in. Looking at the safety, it may be in the on position but cant push forward. Has anyone experienced this and any idea what I need to do?

·
217 Posts
I was trying to cock my 370 for the first time this year, hunted with it last year, and the string wont stay back when pulled all the way back with the cocking rope. I've tried multiple times and it wont lock in. Looking at the safety, it may be in the on position but cant push forward. Has anyone experienced this and any idea what I need to do?
Push the dryfire lever back and while holding it push the safety forward. Then cock again and make sure safety is of before coking.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I think your Safety is on. Hold your Cocking Preparation switch forward and release the safety. That switch is on the left side of the trigger box and looks like a small dumbbell.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys evidently I'm the dumbbell LOL.

Going to be replacing the string and cables, anyone know of a resource for ATA measurement, etc?

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
I just had Marty build me a string for my Sniper. Quality work.;):)

·
Registered
6 Posts
had a similar issue and it turned out my cocking rope was getting in the way. Examine your pull.

·
239 Posts
Just set your string so it's barely touching the string stops. Keep an eye on it for awhile as it could possibly change as the string settles in or stretches. Re-adjust if necessary... Hope this helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just set your string so it's barely touching the string stops. Keep an eye on it for awhile as it could possibly change as the string settles in or stretches. Re-adjust if necessary... Hope this helps
Thanks. If its touching, add twists?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts