Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to pick up a replacement string, So i can use the factory string as a backup. this will be my first time purchasing a crossbow string and want to make sure I'm doing it right the first time.

I'm looking at 60x strings, unless there are others to check out too?

The manual for the Sniper 370, Shows string measurement of 37.2” that should be the right length, correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I haven't checked my manual but somebody posted this here.I have a friend who ordered one from 60X so apparently they know the specs for the Sniper 370.
Sniper 370 String cable specs.JPG

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Stalker. I seen this and another talking about it on CBN a few months back. I searched the board for a few hours last night with no luck finding either of them. Now I'll save it.

I found the length I have in the manual under specs. Just wanted to double check that it was right.

Should I get the whole set string plus cables or is just the string enough?

·
Crossbow Nut
2,983 Posts
...Should I get the whole set string plus cables or is just the string enough?
"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."
x2 on that!
I ended up ordering a complete set from 60X. They have the spec for the Sniper. Really nice string set IMO and from the demo video that Jeff did, I think they are super durable. Plus the best price I can find for a top end string maker.
http://www.crossbownation.com/video/1000-shot-60x-custom-crossbow-string-review/
Yep good strings. I have them on a couple of my bows.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I tried 60x more than once and couldn't even get an answer from them if they would make it. Went to bass pro and got a string in 5 days. 28 bucks

·
Registered
757 Posts
I haven't checked my manual but somebody posted this here.I have a friend who ordered one from 60X so apparently they know the specs for the Sniper 370. View attachment 36196
If I recollect correctly, the manual doesn't even mention string and cable lengths - I think you are intended to buy factory replacements. Fortunately, I was able to obtain that very detailed spec sheet from MK's customer service department - I was quite surprised to be sent an official engineering document. I think I just asked for exact string and cable lengths so that I could retune my bow after the string had settled in, and that was what I was sent in response!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I recollect correctly, the manual doesn't even mention string and cable lengths - I think you are intended to buy factory replacements. Fortunately, I was able to obtain that very detailed spec sheet from MK's customer service department - I was quite surprised to be sent an official engineering document. I think I just asked for exact string and cable lengths so that I could retune my bow after the string had settled in, and that was what I was sent in response!
I downloaded the owners manual PDF file and found the string measurements, you might find the rest you're looking for. I did a string shot, so I'll have the string info at hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I tried contacting 60x about a dozen times, no answers to phone calls and no response to several emails. Gave up on them and ordered from First String. Nice product and they actually provided customer service.

·
Banned
389 Posts
I have the KI Machine bone collector and Centerpoint Gladiator 405.Does anyone know what the string is made of on each.IE D97 BCY X 452 ETC

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I have the KI Machine bone collector and Centerpoint Gladiator 405.Does anyone know what the string is made of on each.IE D97 BCY X 452 ETC
Sniper string is D-97 I suspect the other would be the same.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm wanting to pick up a replacement string, So i can use the factory string as a backup. this will be my first time purchasing a crossbow string and want to make sure I'm doing it right the first time.

I'm looking at 60x strings, unless there are others to check out too?

The manual for the Sniper 370, Shows string measurement of 37.2” that should be the right length, correct?

Thanks
I have 60x strings and cables on all my bows and love them, very good strings

1 - 17 of 17 Posts