Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to shooting crossbows and purchased a Sniper 370 a few months ago after reading so many positive reviews. First purchase I made was TX_RDXguy's trigger upgrade and some Pile Driver bolts. Followed the trigger instructions to a T and in roughly an hour I had a smooth, short traveling trigger at about 3.5 lbs pull. It was already accurate to begin with but this just made it that much more fun to shoot and tightened my groups up even more.

The anti dry fire lever was a little bit of a pain to pry off, mine had a little bit of what appeared to be super glue holding it on. I have a Rigid SuperClamp and that came in real handy to hold the crossbow in place while I worked. I got lucky and the 4 screws that seem to give everyone else a hard time came out fairly easily for me as they barely had any loctite on them. I put blue loctite back on every bolt when re-assembling.

Thanks TX_RDXguy for the kit. I also just got a smoking deal on a Horton/Hawke SS331 and will be sighting that in this week.

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
That's two good upgrades youre doing.....both that I have done with my Sniper.;) With that Horton/hawke scope youre gonna love that bow even more than before.;)

Reactions: TX_RDXguy

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
BTW, welcome to the boards.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's two good upgrades youre doing.....both that I have done with my Sniper.;) With that Horton/hawke scope youre gonna love that bow even more than before.;)
Glad to hear that! I’ve got it sighted in to 50 with the stock scope. Looking forward to trying out the Hawke scope since I’ve heard so many great things about it.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Wax your strings, lube your trigger box and keep shooting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 on this ^ especially the keep shooting it. ;)

Also dust it off, wipe it down with a damp cloth to clean it where needed. Check thew scope lenses and clean them. I use a good paint brush and go over the cams, flight rail, scope and trigger box. If you have low pressure compressed air you can run that over it to remove dust and blow into the flight rail and trigger box.

Reactions: TXJaxon

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Must you shoot the xbow in the off season? What happens if you don't shoot it?
Likely nothing if all is in good order when you put it up. Keep it in climate controlled space and it will be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Must you shoot the xbow in the off season? What happens if you don't shoot it?
Like TX_RDXguy said, probably nothing. I just meant keep shooting to stay in practice with it! Whether it’s firearms or archery, I try to shoot all through the offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thinking about sending you my trigger assembly TX_RDXguy. I'm out of town working and have found out my boy dry fired the xbow...the string broke, Gonna assess the damage when i get home and see if its even worth messing with

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Thinking about sending you my trigger assembly TX_RDXguy. I'm out of town working and have found out my boy dry fired the xbow...the string broke, Gonna assess the damage when i get home and see if its even worth messing with
Don't give up on it and in many cases CenterPoint will help make it whole again.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't give up on it and in many cases CenterPoint will help make it whole again.
I did contact CP and they got back with me very quickly, they suggested taking it to my local bow shop and have them inspect it. If they find anything wrong with it instead of replacing parts on a damaged crossbow, I think i'm going to bite the bullet and try out the KI ripper 415.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
I did contact CP and they got back with me very quickly, they suggested taking it to my local bow shop and have them inspect it. If they find anything wrong with it instead of replacing parts on a damaged crossbow, I think i'm going to bite the bullet and try out the KI ripper 415.
Good luck there. The Ripper 415s are popular. I do see some reports of limb issues which you can expect to some degree on lower cost high speed xbows.

Reactions: ArkieArcher

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to shooting crossbows and purchased a Sniper 370 a few months ago after reading so many positive reviews. First purchase I made was TX_RDXguy's trigger upgrade and some Pile Driver bolts. Followed the trigger instructions to a T and in roughly an hour I had a smooth, short traveling trigger at about 3.5 lbs pull. It was already accurate to begin with but this just made it that much more fun to shoot and tightened my groups up even more.

The anti dry fire lever was a little bit of a pain to pry off, mine had a little bit of what appeared to be super glue holding it on. I have a Rigid SuperClamp and that came in real handy to hold the crossbow in place while I worked. I got lucky and the 4 screws that seem to give everyone else a hard time came out fairly easily for me as they barely had any loctite on them. I put blue loctite back on every bolt when re-assembling.

Thanks TX_RDXguy for the kit. I also just got a smoking deal on a Horton/Hawke SS331 and will be sighting that in this week.
Hiya guys, mark here from the uk, just found forum, ive got a mankung mk400 and xb52, which is the same as the velocity armagageddon and centrepoint sniper, will the trigger upgrade, work with either of mine?

Thanks lads

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Hiya guys, mark here from the uk, just found forum, ive got a mankung mk400 and xb52, which is the same as the velocity armagageddon and centrepoint sniper, will the trigger upgrade, work with either of mine?

Thanks lads
Yes it will. The XB52 is what we call the Sniper so there is a DIY kit for it.

The DIY kit.....

Kit installed......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts