Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Wicked Ridge RDX400
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Life is very good right now, i'm enjoying a relaxing week off on vacation, and visited Dave at Wyvern Creations and bought myself a Sub 1 XR. Been wanting a higher end target bow for a few years now, and finally was able to make it happen. You definitely start to feel better quality as you step up . My old bow is a WR RDX400 and i'm not dumping on the RDX, it's a awesome bow for the $860 but just shouldering the Mission it just feels a bit more rigid. I like the ergos better with the Mission. The only thing i'm going to need to address is I need a longer LOP with the stock. My scope eye relief is a bit too short. I'm going to fabricate a rear rail extension. I'm going to try my Leupold 3-12x40 , the HHA Tetra, and a set of Burris XTR Signature rings. The special rings can be adjusted to allow for 0-40 MOA of scope cant (tilt). This will be handy where i'm shooting only at 100+ yds. Bought all the accesories. I like traditional stirrups they are handy for resting my bow on a table vertical while I run the crank system. While I can rope cock the Mission, it's takes some solid effort and where I shoot upwards of 30 arrows in a range trip, the RDS system is a must. Wyvern hooked me up with some custom 20" BEE's for arrows so very excited to get it to the range and see if I have the skill to get this bow "Sub 1" at 100 yds ! I was at my gun club range a few days ago and that dam crosswind was blowing ! It's going to be a challenge.

Automotive tire Wood Tire Door Flooring

·
14,480 Posts
Good Luck ... with the new crossbow.
Gold Font Circle Petal Pattern

·
Registered
Wicked Ridge RDX400
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a chance to fire a few shots in my backyard and my immediate like is at how smooth the bow executes a shot. Compared to my RDX400 reverse draw bow the XR has a lot less muzzle "flip" . The front end stays fairly level where as the reverse draw tends to rise more upon execution of the shot. Much more crisp trigger than my RDX as well.

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,870 Posts
That's one nice crossbow. I hope she treats you well.:)

Reactions: Road_Clam

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I had the MXB 320 and would like to get a Sub1.

Congrats on you new xbow

Reactions: Road_Clam

·
I shoot an Adjustable Track Spirit Crossbow and a Mission Sub-1
146 Posts
Life is very good right now, i'm enjoying a relaxing week off on vacation, and visited Dave at Wyvern Creations and bought myself a Sub 1 XR. Been wanting a higher end target bow for a few years now, and finally was able to make it happen. You definitely start to feel better quality as you step up . My old bow is a WR RDX400 and i'm not dumping on the RDX, it's a awesome bow for the $860 but just shouldering the Mission it just feels a bit more rigid. I like the ergos better with the Mission. The only thing i'm going to need to address is I need a longer LOP with the stock. My scope eye relief is a bit too short. I'm going to fabricate a rear rail extension. I'm going to try my Leupold 3-12x40 , the HHA Tetra, and a set of Burris XTR Signature rings. The special rings can be adjusted to allow for 0-40 MOA of scope cant (tilt). This will be handy where i'm shooting only at 100+ yds. Bought all the accesories. I like traditional stirrups they are handy for resting my bow on a table vertical while I run the crank system. While I can rope cock the Mission, it's takes some solid effort and where I shoot upwards of 30 arrows in a range trip, the RDS system is a must. Wyvern hooked me up with some custom 20" BEE's for arrows so very excited to get it to the range and see if I have the skill to get this bow "Sub 1" at 100 yds ! I was at my gun club range a few days ago and that dam crosswind was blowing ! It's going to be a challenge.

View attachment 240383
Sounds like you should be shooting in LV! Lots of Sub 1's on the line there. I love mine!

·
Registered
Mission Sub One Lite/Excalibur Vixen II
2,004 Posts
Mission makes some of the best, if not the BEST in my opinion...I've not found a smoother shooting crossbow yet...and darn quiet for a crossbow...a real pleasure to shoot...all three versions 👍

1 - 18 of 18 Posts