Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were all the buzz a while back but I haven’t seen a lot of reports on them.

I’m just wondering how far quality wise they are from the Hawke XB30 Compacts? The specs indicate a 2.7” eye relief which would be a deal breaker for me as an eyeglass wearer with no dang picatinny slots at the rear of the scope rail/trigger housing.

·
8,905 Posts
Picatinny … rail extensions. I've used these a couple times to move an optic forward … or backward if you reverse it.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picatinny … rail extensions. I've used these a couple times to move an optic forward … or backward if you reverse it.
View attachment 182212
I have that one saved on my eBay watchlist. I want to be able to have a bubble level, my Vendetta rangefinder, and a place to mount my Tactical on the scope or rail.

And to think I started hunting back in ’65 with a bare recurve, no sight, a Bear rug rest, and a finger tab. 🙃

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought guys were jumping all over these? Maybe TOTR will fill us in when he gets his.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have that one saved on my eBay watchlist. I want to be able to have a bubble level, my Vendetta rangefinder, and a place to mount my Tactical on the scope or rail.
You won't like it.................. You know it has 2.7 inches of eye relief so why even bother.

·
Happy Member
5,467 Posts
I sent mine back. Reticle was way too small for my likes. Have to use elimination during early and late hours because it’s impossible to see the reticle! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: wildcatter

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You won't like it.................. You know it has 2.7 inches of eye relief so why even bother.
With the lack of slots at the back and where the turrets are, I can’t get the scope back far enough because I use the last slot for the Vendetta.

There are other things I want to put on the rail beside rings or a mount. Besides it only has 10 slots which makes the mounting surface really short to begin with.

As Paul Harvey would say - “And now you know the rest of the story”.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sent mine back . Didnt like it. Numbers to small. Light gathering no better than Ravin scopes.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
With the lack of slots at the back and where the turrets are, I can’t get the scope back far enough because I use the last slot for the Vendetta.

There are other things I want to put on the rail beside rings or a mount. Besides it only has 10 slots which makes the mounting surface really short to begin with.

As Paul Harvey would say - “And now you know the rest of the story”.
Move your face forward and eye relief will fall into place. 😳 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Move your face forward and eye relief will fall into place. 😳 :rolleyes:
Moving/leaning forward while wearing progressive lenses doesn’t work well with that dang Scorpyd 1 3/4” wide stock.

Sent mine back . Didnt like it. Numbers to small. Light gathering no better than Ravin scopes.
So it’s similar to the Hawke XB30 Pro reticle as far as the yardage numbers? Easy to see why I pulled the XB30 Pro off and mounted the Zeiss XB75.

DSCN2595.JPG
DSCN2599.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts