Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is Mid June and no Ravin R500? No hands on tests? No vids or photos? wth? I pulled out of the Buy do to no info or updates. I will stick with my R29X.

·
Registered
786 Posts
most likely supply issue with parts, they have no control over.
Covid hangover and tariffs

The company I work for is loosing most money in the history of the company because they cant get steel.
They buy huge quantities at a time. Aluminum is about the same.

·
11,688 Posts
I'm waiting ... 5 weeks for a Chinese circuit board for an AC and they told me a couple days ago there's no end in sight. Pandemic disaster in China. Which of course our left wing, China loving, America hating media says nary a word about. Apparently it's so bad they can't even get drivers to deliver stuff to the ports and the ports are shut down.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I don't know how they do it but TenPoint manages to bring new models to the market every year and actually deliver them to dealers as promised early in the year. Them guys and girls got it figured out for sure. Kudos to them.

·
11,688 Posts
It's funny. Keyboard cowboys were all over scorpyd for releasing the Tremor in May and complaing to no end that it was too late in the year!

Who's late now!!!! 🤔
Funny ... I didn't even know Scorpyd had a new bow out until a short time ago. Zero buzz.

·
SE VA
12,524 Posts
Depressing times. Communism and liberalism working in unison👎. Affects virtually every aspect of our lives. Wise up leftist voters!!!!!

As to the 500 Ravin, it will be a niche product. Not too many folks are going to jump on the 500 FPS bandwagon but it will be interesting watching that one.

·
11,688 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
3,793 Posts
The USA is becoming the land of shortages. Last year, I couldn't get 4x4 posts for a fencing project. Had to order the 6' fencing that was normally in stock, but did manage to get it. Couldn't get 8' steel "T" posts, but finally rounded them up.
Now, in another fence project, supplier only has 2 100' rolls, and I need 4, so now will have to find the rest I need. Was told can't order because there is a steel shortage. A STEEL SHORTAGE IN THE USA! SMH
If you have an upcoming project, I'd advise obtaining the materials now while they're still somewhat available, I don't know if this gets better or not. If it does, it's still going to cost more than ever.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So the aluminum in the bow is coming from China as well?
I'm not sure where they are sourcing it from, but yes, most of the material distributors are getting it from China because American foundries are so heavily regulated that it would cost too much to make it here.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Obviously, we're in unprescedented times, but the problem with "ANY" manufacturer that pushes their release dates back to August is that they're basically telling you that the consumer is now going to be the R&D team and that's always a recipe for disaster.

·
11,688 Posts
Obviously, we're in unprescedented times, but the problem with "ANY" manufacturer that pushes their release dates back to August is that they're basically telling you that the consumer is now going to be the R&D team and that's always a recipe for disaster.
Some ... of us knew that the minute they introduced the R500E. :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts