Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks for the include. I have been hunting by rifle for as long as I have lived in Texas but I miss the first month of hunting ( bow season) with my oldest son since he prefers his Bow. So I figured it was time to invest a few $ and buy something close to my heart and am waiting for my Centerpoint Amped 415 Crossbow to arrive any day. I didn't want to spend to much since I am not sure if I was making the right choice one way or the other with the 1,000,000,000 different personal reviews out there and figured I would find out myself. I have rifles from $150 to $1000 and the ones in the middle range have always seemed to fit the best practice as long as I had a great scope so this might be the first thing I upgrade with once I try it out . The second major change I will be dealing with is a ground blind vs tree stand or 15ft tri pod. Now the third and I feel will be the most exciting is dealing with the closeness of the hunt vs shooting something at 1-300 yards away. So with this I look forward to everyone's feedback and since I'm a Texan, you wont hurt my feelings. Hell first cold ones on me

Reactions: TX_RDXguy

·
Registered
13,773 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: SA Johnboy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
First off thanks for the include. I have been hunting by rifle for as long as I have lived in Texas but I miss the first month of hunting ( bow season) with my oldest son since he prefers his Bow. So I figured it was time to invest a few $ and buy something close to my heart and am waiting for my Centerpoint Amped 415 Crossbow to arrive any day. I didn't want to spend to much since I am not sure if I was making the right choice one way or the other with the 1,000,000,000 different personal reviews out there and figured I would find out myself. I have rifles from $150 to $1000 and the ones in the middle range have always seemed to fit the best practice as long as I had a great scope so this might be the first thing I upgrade with once I try it out . The second major change I will be dealing with is a ground blind vs tree stand or 15ft tri pod. Now the third and I feel will be the most exciting is dealing with the closeness of the hunt vs shooting something at 1-300 yards away. So with this I look forward to everyone's feedback and since I'm a Texan, you wont hurt my feelings. Hell first cold ones on me
You're on JB.

The choice on bow is not bad at all and the two things important outside of getting familiar with crossbow safety and handling would be the scope and arrows for the Amped. Call Jerry at Tapp-Nation to get setup with some excellent options to consider. If you prefer buying from a big box store like Cabelas or Bass Pro, take a look at the EVO-X carbon arrows from TenPoint. They are the best of breed available at those stores right now.

Ground blinds work well for ease of access and in colder or wetter hunting situations and can get you close, which is the magic for bowhunting.

Tree stands get you close as well, especially climbers which can be very flexible in placement if you have the right tree options.

The tripod can be good as well but is the hardest to conceal.

Patience is the key.........

Blanton's on the rocks please ;)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Welcome aboard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts