Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.brightcove.com/title.jsp?title=1164178448

Here's first day back at the Priour ranch doing hog removal. I was waiting to see if a bigger sow would show, but after dragging this one UP the mountain, I'm really glad she wasn't bigger.
Just click on the link to watch the video.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Pigs

That is why they call it ,hog eradication:eek:

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Capt Hook said:
what happens to the little ones now that mommy is gone??
They are very capable of surviving without the sow, but in this case, they just moved up on the list of being erradicated. That is on a ranch I do hog removal for, as it's a high fence operation that raises and propagates endangered species and protected species of animals, and the hogs put holes in the fences. Bad pigs! The solid black one caught an arrow from our youngest son the next week and was eaten.
That ranch has just donated several Gemsbok to be released back into the native country of origin where the surviving herd consists of 23, in order to see that the species survives there. What ashame the country of origin didn't protect them sooner and people in other countries have to assist.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Capt Hook said:
are they good eating ??
Yes! Especially on the grill.

·
509 Posts
Hey Guide Girl

Hey GG,

That arrow looks funny, did it go right through the hog or when she ran did it get thrown. That is a perfect eater hog.

Capt Hook, if you go to my camospace page

www.camospace.com/two_guys_outdoors

you will see a video showing what happens to the little ones...:mad:

They become Grill favorites!

Jake

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a pass though. I took photos in slo mo and it's wicked watching the arrow after it passes through, tumbling in the air, and you can see it was a MUZZY most definitely. In slo mo she ducked the arrow, but not fast enough. She actually totally hit the ground and jumped back up. She went 40 yards straight DOWN the mountainside! Glad I had help dragging her back UP through the rocks. You probably understnad that hunting the Leakey area. (giggle)

·
Registered
104 Posts
cool video heck i could sit and watch then for a long time. then like you. pork chops. you were playing one of my favorite songs. that was a new twist on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts