Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have bought a spare set of limbs? Seems like a good idea to have a set in case you break a set. Your thoughts.

·
Happy Member
5,449 Posts
I always have a spare set of limbs for my Excalibur bows. Better to have it if needed vs need it and don’t have them. Great insurance policy. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Crossbow Nut
3,112 Posts
Got extras, cheaper than another crossbow and faster than waiting for repair service. Haven't needed them though.

·
2,787 Posts
I have a pair of extras. Bought them off CT classifieds. Just figured IF something happens to me, it could very well be during hunting season. I don't want to be one of those people all ticked off waiting for limbs and losing hunting time, so I bought some insurance. Like Robert said, may never need them, but glad I have them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im thinking it's a very good idea to have a spare set of limbs , Excalibur are most certainly the best company regards warrenty claim turn around times , but let's face it ,especially right now with the excessive load mail and parcel delivery services are under , why take the risk of being frustrated waiting for limbs

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to Excalibur last week and a set of limbs for my 340 mag is $100.00. I think I will order them tomorrow.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yep I have two Axe 340 bows with ACP triggers installed and one crank
and one set of limbs for just in case things go wrong just to hunt a few times this fall

·
Registered
5 Posts
How easy is it to change the limbs in the field? I have read on the Excal FB forum about quite a few micro limbs breaking. You would think it would be a rare thing with a quality bow like an Excaliber, but I'm starting to think maybe there is an issue with them....

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
The majority by far of the "breakages" you read about on social media are limb splinters and while they do happen they rarely make a bow dangerous to fire. You can usually just pop them off and lightly sand over the broken spot if you have sandpaper and go on shooting the bow without any loss of accuracy. I once shot an Excal for 2 years after breaking off a limb splinter almost 2" long. If you are really worried buy an extra set of limbs and take them with you along with a string aid and a couple of allen wrenches. The limbs are fairly easy to change out with the proper tools.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply and advise. Just curious how you know that most are splinters vs cracks or breaks? Most of the posts i have read and seen photos they were actual breaks, and not of splintering. I'm not saying you are mistaken, I'm just curious how you were able to know that most were splinters. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
Instead of spending the money on limbs I opted on using that money to buy a backup bow and letting the warranty replace any broken limbs. With my old Vortex I doubt it'll ever break a limb though. Hope not anyway.

Reactions: Boo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't forget the 308 short Kevcar ,,,,
Super compact and deadly accurate , with less stressed micro limbs due to the shorter rail which also means less effort cocking ....

Meny rate it as the best for tight blinds and tree stand hunting

I've not heard of any limb breaks on that model ,,,,,( may be worth a post to find out thoughts from owners )

Still hard to beat the Axe 340.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts