Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an older, used crossbow a coupla weeks ago...
It came with a coupla handfulls of arrows.

Three have a strange (to me!) broadhead on them.
Now admittedly...since I don't hunt anything but foam..I know overall, very little about them in general.
But these have 6 blades each, and rotate. And when I say rotate, they feel very smooth, almost like they have bearings in them.
I'm guessing because of the age of bow I bought...the broadheads are also on the older side.

Anyone know anything about these rotating/spinning broadheads?

Mike

·
190 Posts
Mike those have to be New Archery products Razorbak V's. They have 5 blades inside of a poly carbonate ferrule. They should weigh 142 grains a piece and are 7/8's or so in diameter. Come in a orange plastic box if you received them with the box.

·
329 Posts
Mike,

at one time (LONG AGO, like 40+ YEARS) Ben Pearson Archery made a 6 blade "revolving" broadhead. didn't work well at all, is my memory.

yours, texasnative46

·
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Texas -

That sounds like them.
There are "six" blades, didn't measure the od. And they do have clear plastic hard covers on them.
Strange though...the tip protrudes thru the plastic cover.

Haven't tried shooting them...so I have no idea about how well they shoot.

Thanks guys.

Mike

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Rambo and broadheads.

Funny you should mention Rambo, This week there has been a series of the Rambo flix on TV.
Tried not to watch,but I caved.

·
11,428 Posts
A friend of mine had a few of them

about 30 years ago I think:) He had his recurve sighted in with field points and shot one of the razorbacks at 30 yards. It hit almost 2 feet low:D I thought the heads were cool though. I actually took a deer with a 5 blade version. I would glue the ferrel to the plastic sleeve so it would be forced to rotate with the arrow. Seems so long ago...........................and it was:D

·
64 Posts
I remember them well, they were popular in their day. I never used them because of the small diameter. Back in those days I used Satelite 4 blade heads. In fact I still have of them left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts