Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: why would a Ravin R15 speed drop from 433 to 386 fps?
Today while target shooting the arrow POI dropped from one shot to the next almost 4” for no apparent reason.
Inspection of the bow revealed no apparent problems with the exception that the string was no longer running between the two timing marks on the cams. The string is now on the outside edge with both marks to one side of the string.
Readjusted scope speed setting & sighted in. Again shots are dead on accurate and consistent.
My afterthought is could this be an indicator that the string or cables have reached their elastic limit and could fail in the near future?
Visually both look OK .

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
How old and how many shots with the strings have you had, Bloodrock?
I believe Ravin states two years or 500 shots, something like that, then the strings should be changed.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I have an R10, speed and accuracy dropped significantly when cables and ceter serving on string started to stretch/wear. With new cables and string, timed and adjusted for proper ATA, speed was restored. What is your ATA measurement?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks dynamo61 for the information. The string & cable are past 2 years & 500 shots. It is time to replace the setup. The ATA is 11 1/32” at rest and 6 7/8” drawn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts