Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2 year old 350LE out to sight in for deer season and shot and noticed this. Would you keep shooting or send limbs in for warranty?

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

·
Crossbow Nut
3,139 Posts
Got my 2 year old 350LE out to sight in for deer season and shot and noticed this. Would you keep shooting or send limbs in for warranty?

Hard to tell from the pic, could be just a surface flaw, I don't see anything sticking out. Will it snag a cotton ball?
Guess I'd talk to Excalibur to see what they say. Might buy a set of limbs JIC. One thing for certain, if it's bad, Excalibur will take care of you. Shoot it some and see if it gets worse.

Reactions: ldock

·
Happy Member
5,485 Posts
I’d start a RMA with pictures of the limb. They will send you out new limbs. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stalker

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It broke off where the black is but is splintered about half way the limb.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
It broke off where the black is but is splintered about half way the limb.

It looks like the Camo dip fell off.
Probably won't harm the integrity of the limb but better safe than sorry.
As suggested, best to contact Excalibur with some pics from a few angles with good lighting.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
I had a similar splinter on my Matrix 350. Excal sent me a new set of limbs and let me keep the old ones. I broke off the little splinter and put a dab of super glue on it and shot it a good bit before switching out the limbs. Now I have a back up set. 😁
20180907_190929.jpg

Reactions: YetiX and robertyb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Contacted Excalibur and they said send them pics and they would send a set of limbs. Sent pictures this evening. Will post how long it takes. So far very happy with the customer service.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My Matrix 330 has a little bubble like blemish on one of the limbs. Been like that pretty much since day one. I've owned that bow for 5 or 6 years, I think. Still going strong. I did talk to someone from Excalibur about it and they said to send the front end back if I wanted to and they would replace it. If it ever gets worse then I will.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
My Matrix 330 has a little bubble like blemish on one of the limbs. Been like that pretty much since day one. I've owned that bow for 5 or 6 years, I think. Still going strong. I did talk to someone from Excalibur about it and they said to send the front end back if I wanted to and they would replace it. If it ever gets worse then I will.
Sounds sort of like an air void which is simply an air pocket formed when the limbs were cooling down. It will not hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Excalibur has always taken care of me. Love my BD400!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts