Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, I bought the RDX 400 when it first hit the market. Love the way it shoots. Handles well. I have one issue. After a year of shooting the limbs started to splinter, So Dave at Wyvern swapped them out for me. Tenpoint sent over new limbs in a flash. So, after about 40 -50 shots more or less,, the new limbs start splintering.. new limbs are on the way. I mean its great Tenpoint is taking care of replacing the limbs, but I m getting nervous about the longevity of this bow. Anyone else having issues with their RDX ???? I contacted Tenpoint,, I was told they dont see it as a " Chronic" problem... Feedback would be great if you own a RDX.

·
Registered
45 Posts
None yet. Not that i am questioning you, just wondering what your total arrow weight is. I shoot a 475 grain total

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Total weight is 445 grains. I just read reviews on this bow from customers, which can be found on Tenpoints website. Quite a few issues with the limbs splintering. Think its time to look at the issue at hand. There is a Limb issue.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Yeah, I would ask them if they have any non splintering limbs.
You can do what I did with one after 2 years and my 3rd XB of x brand. They were good to sent me all new package.
I sold it for what I paid for it and would never have another.
Funny! It's one of the most popular crossbows for the last 3 years.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hope it shoots like crazy good 👍

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I owned one for a year....had more than 900 shots on it when I sold it.....no limb issues at all....

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Crying out why did u sell it? 🙂 🎯

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I like you thinking but My Ripper is a real Rip so I staying parked with it.There is lots of fruit to pick from for sure. The bowl is full one could say.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Oh here is one thing about the Ripper and the Hawke scope setup. I know of no other crossbower that has there setup tuned to hit all the 10 yards marks to 100 yards and as a bonus the 115 yard for the bottom post without changing any setting. To me that is a dream come true. It fell in place somehow like a miracle. Thank the guy above.👏

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well , Dave at Wyverns replaced my limbs... ezzzz pzzzzz... I let Dave know I was nervous about this happening twice. He pretty much told me simply... " IT HAPPENS",,.,Can happen to any bow at any time. Its fiberglass that is layered. He put it like this, You own a bow made by Tenpoint and their warranty is second to none. Although Im not crazy about it happening to me twice, I did get to see another crossbow which sold at 3x what I paid, and those limbs were splintering also.. A buddy of mine has a Matthews,, said his limbs have splintered as well,, Guess its not so uncommon afterall...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, +1 to a split limb. Happened Saturday night as I was cranking the string back. Interesting it's the left limb and reading the notes in the comments of the reviews on TenPoint website, I recall them all referencing left side if they had any issues. Bought from Wyvern the first of May but Dave is a bit too far to service so will drop off at a more local service center in central GA tomorrow morning. Trusting a fast turnaround on the parts as I'd certainly like to spend opening day with it in my hand. Bow season opens here in less than a month.

So far I'm in the Dave camp as well. Stuff happens. When I talked to Tenpoint this morning, CS told me the same thing as above. They were not seeing chronic failures. Were seeing less than 1% failure rates in products, etc. Having worked in mfg all my life, stuff does happen. XBOW was certainly shooting well prior to the crack. It's going to be great way to get my grandkids hunting prior to them using a rifle. They certainly are enjoying shooting this way and pestering me to take them with me when season opens :) (life's good).

In God we trust, every one else verify or have an option. Bow season opens in less than a month here in GA, Bear Kuma LD compound that I can hit a small saucer from 25yds very consistently. Actually surprised myself how well a new compound bow shoots. First one I've owned and/or shot in 25 years I guess. So, good Lord provides something to walk close to me on September 12th and it had better be "dodging the string". Unless I fall out of the tree --- guess that's unlikely, more likely to end up hanging upside down :) --- in this new saddle contraption, there will be a broadhead on it's way one way or the other.

Enjoying life. Godspeed to all of you on the hunting journey this fall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts