Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!! what an incredible man. The fact that a corporate offical from Darton would take the time to speak with me was simply unbeleivable. Ted spoke with me about my crossbow and the issue. I broke the bow down and reinstalled the front section. With some careful attention to what I was doing the string is much better aligned with the flight deck. As for the slight curvaure in the flight deck Ted explained that all Darton bows have a slight curvature and explained the physics involved with launching an arrow from the flight deck. It made a bunch of sense when he explained what was occuring after the trigger is squeezed.

Again, I am so impressed with the quality control, testing and the eagerness of Darton to stand behind thier product. Ted will be sending me a care package of Darton Products for the care and maintenance of my crossbow (Including a new lube and string wax.) This winter I'll be sending my bow out for a tune up. As for now everything is A-okay and I'm good to go.

Darton definitely stands behind their products and I'm definitely a satisfied customer. I'll be shooting up a storm in the followng weeks.... dang, I like a happy ending.

·
1,222 Posts
Great - glad to hear all is well.
With my dealing with them and now yours, they sound like a first class company.

Still amazes me that more people don't own them!

Mike

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike said:
Great - glad to hear all is well.
With my dealing with them and now yours, they sound like a first class company.

Still amazes me that more people don't own them!

Mike
Mike,

Amen brother,

The procedures they use to test their prodict.. and what they're doing for our troops overseas and what they're doing for injured veterans at home is simply amazing. Darton is an A-1 class company and Ted Harpham is a great role model for all corporate executives.

·
211 Posts
darton is my preference in vertical bows, and when I was in the market for a crossbow darton was my first choice, however, impressed as I was after handling one it just wasnt quite enough to override the price they were asking for it...

it was a nice crossbow though, a little on the heavy side, but nice...

·
1,222 Posts
KLS -

Some shops sell on e-bay.
There's a new Impact for $445 right now (by a shop). That's about half price! It's under Great Lakes crossbow.

Mike

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
I'm curious why Darton doesn't advertise in Horizontal BowHunter Magazine from the ACF, anyone know why?

·
1,222 Posts
They don't advertize "anyplace" I've seen!

Someone mentioned on another board that the Darton line was more popular in Europe than in the US...!?

No idea.

Mike

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darton participates in several product shows, in fact when I was talking to Ted last Saturday he was actually at a show displaying product. Word of mouth and research is waht led me to choose Darton and is wha tled several others to purchase theirh products.

I beleive they will be advertising more in the future. Darton does alot of manufacturing for other brands.

·
1,222 Posts
While they may attend product shows...that doesn't get the word to the general public.
Magazine adds I'd guess are the main method to get the word to the general public. The other way is to go to shoots.

Like Mark from Horton did. He took a brand new reCon and won is division. THAT...is the type of thing it takes to spread the word about a bow that will do the job the public wants it to do.
I've taked to Mark a length a coupla times after I bought my reCon.
He commented (positivly) on numerous details of the Darton line.

Dartons prices also need to come a bit more in line with the rest of the manufacturers for them to sell well.
A Lightening...with older technology / look, "even though" it shoots at 360+fps....is (and has been) right up there with the Stryker and Cyclone cost wise...which are only a little more money and shoot a little faster...well the Stryker does anyway!
They need to go back with something like the Foreforce and bring it down to 500 dollar range.
AND...like most other manufacturers...offer a few "different" style bows. NOT...just the same bow in different speeds and simillar cost.
Come up with a Star Wars type riser to go with the sorta Star Wars stock...it seems to have worked for others...!

This went on too long...sorry...just one persons opinion!

Mike

P.s. - They also need to take a good trigger...and make it very good by shortening the travel before let-off a little more.
It's really a positive thing...the trigger feel. I did this to two of mine. If you just "hit" the trigger..it's probably not felt much. But if you pull slowly...it's a long pull to release. And you can feel every inch of it.
Because of their somple mechanism, it's very easy to do.
Then...on the most costly models...square and polish up all of the trigger details so they slide smoothly against each other.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Mike,

I agree about the magazine and shooting. A Darton Rep out in Chicopee MA does trick shots with a Darton Impact at several Massachusetts shoots. I'm going to try and get him to come to our club this fall during our Mass Bowhunters shoot in November. THis is our cubs biggest shoot. We have chili cook-offs, the worlds best burger (Which I compete in) and all types of family stuff. THis is the best way to promote a product. I beleive compound shooters that actually pick upa crossbow and shoot it will fall in love with the sport... as I have.

I don't look upon crossbows as the enemy, just another tool to master and enjoy and an extra option that I'd like to hunt with. Sometimes bowhunters are our own worst enemy; we fight amongst ourselves and fracture our unity. THis is a bad thing.

I love my Darton Crossbow despite it's unusual appearance. The one thing I did want to add regarding arrow speeds. Darton speeds are measured against 475 grain arrows vs. the other guys 425 grain arrows. In fact, if I remember correctly, Darton recommends a minimum arrow weight of 470 grains.

On a happier note; My Impact is getting her new rail and a complete tune up. The service guy said my baby would be finished today and test fired and tuned on Monday. Yippee for me. ;)

Lastly, the police officer and son that I took crossbow shooting are hooked. I got an e-mail yesterday and he would up purchasing a second hand Ten Point :( :(. I did lead him to your xbow Mike but the guy at Jerry's is a better salesman and the product was on hand.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
New to crossbow

Get him signed up on crossbow nation:hurray:;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts