Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
turkey season

The Hoosier state season comes in late April, so it off to kentucky two weeks earlier for me. I'll be using my ameristep doghouse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
indiana season

Indiana
Youth Spring April 19 and 20, 2008
Spring April 23, 2008 - May 11, 2008 1 bearded or male turkey per season
Kentucky
Youth-Only: April 5-6
General Season: April 12 - May 4

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
I'm on for Mat 2-6. Not as early as I'd have liked but I got a tag after losing out last year. I'll be hunting strictly with x bow. Using 100 gr Slick Tricks backed with grappler. Can't wait to start scouting. Had flock of 29 birds pass under my deer stand last year in area I'll be hunting.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Unfortunately there is no season for Turkeys where I live, even though there are lots of birds The DNR keeps saying they won't survive here because of all the snow and cold weather in the winter
I plan to go to Missouri for spring season if things work out. Spring turkey hunting has got to be one of the best types of hunting there is! ;)

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Griz "The DNR keeps saying they won't survive here because of all the snow and cold weather in the winter"
Those are the same folks that tried to convince us that muskies don't eat walleyes then they wanted to stock our lake. Last time I was in Canada I saw more turkeys than we have hereabouts. And we have a season.....

·
64 Posts
Ready for Turkey

season to begin. Will try out my new Ameristep Outhouse blind.

Our DNR in Illinois is in Bad shape. No real director for last 2 years, just a political appointee. To make things worse the Gov. Has proposed cutting the budget for DNR 40%. Can only hope for the best.:coolgleamA:

·
Banned
258 Posts
All ready,new penthouse blind,Ten Point curve,Ready!!!!!!:D

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Here's a tip for you guys using pop up blinds like the Doghouse. Glue about a half inch of 1/2" pvc pipe in the rod pockets. Makes setting up in the dark alot easier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We start our season here in Fla. Sat. March 15 and it runs through April 20.
I have to gun hunt this year because my Xbow will not be replaced by then.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got 2 tags for Ontario and 1 for Michigan.Gonna try and take one with each shotgun, compound and crossbow. But probably end up resorting to shotgun only. No blind for me. Like to be mobile.

·
1,254 Posts
I'm not ready yet....have to shoot the xbow and the gun.....i just took the blind out today to air it out, but in my mind i'm always ready and excited...i have 2 tags for PA this year...it should be a good season...the birds are starting to sound off alittle here....so i'll be in the woods this weekend......Thunderbolt

·
11,412 Posts
I recognize the benefits of a blind for turkey hunting

but I don't like using blinds and rarely do. They are so confining. I guess that's why I have not taken many turkeys:D For now I'll stick with my leafy camo and hope for the best:eek:

·
101 Posts
i've taken birds the last 7 years that i have re-started hunting ole tommy. every bird was taken out of a 10/10 popup blind here in michigan (alcona conty). this year will be the first attemp at it with my fathers horton that he gave me. april 21st--may 4th early season for me last year my first shot got a 4 point and it would just make dad happier than you know what if i popped ole tom with it this spring. dads 87

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts