Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buried two more arrows today using a TenPoint Vapor for a total of four damaged arrows in ten days.

One went through to the vanes on the backside of the target, the rest of the arrow sticking out.
The other 3 were buried to the vanes on the front side.

I do switch sides frequently and have maybe 100 shots per side.
Most of the shooting is from 20 to 30 yards.

I will be using this target strictly for shots 40+ yards only from now on and see how that goes.
SpyderWeb should make the targets square for a total of four sides shooting,
Maybe that will help the holes to "heal"?
I don't know.

Good thing I had 6 new arrows arrive this past Friday and 6 more on the way next week,

Here is the "almost pass-through" ten days ago.

Two more arrows buried today, you can see the nocks sticking out.

Reactions: rutman007

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting....I wonder if it may be defective in some way? I don’t see how I’d ever get close to pass thru wit the one I’ve got. But.. I don’t have near that many shots on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent an email to Wyvern, where I got it from, to see what they say.
I asked they pass the info to the Manufacturer as well.
I'll post back here if/when I get more info.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As always, Wyvern responded very quickly.
We will be contacting SpyderWeb tomorrow.
Kudos to Wyvern for the great support...on a Sunday evening no less!
Class outfit!

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
My opinion you have a faulty target as it appears very few shots and all in different areas.
I have the Spyder Web ST 24 XL. It measures 24" x 24" x 15" The main box frame
is 12" deep but the target bulges out to 15". The target weighs 62 pound. Very easy
arrow removal. What I found is the staples being very narrow either pull out or pull
through the finished edges. To improve that I installed 1 1/2" roofing nails every 2" a part.

Taping targets printed on card stock computer paper, these can be moved any where on the
target with many shots 1/2" to 1" apart.

Shooting in my shop at 17 1/2 feet from the front of my crossbows to the front of the target,
with speed ranging up to 450 plus feet per second, I have between 20,000 and 30,000 shots.
Due to the bulging, the edges of the cover are pulling away from the box frame. The target
is rotated every 50 to 100 shots as there is no punching the target back to shape.

Of the 30 to 35 targets I have purchased and tested, different brands and some of the same
brand but a different series, this is the toughest target I have for that same distance that the
other targets have been tested. I highly recommend it.

Wishing you all the best.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, what an AWESOME Customer Support Team SpyderWeb has.
They requested a few pictures of both sides of the target, which I sent, and are now sending me a brand-spanking new target, shipping included to Canada !!!
Now that makes me a very happy Customer who will gladly give them more business.

They mentioned that the target I have should not perform like that and they want to make sure I am satisfied.
Ummm, yes I certainly am, I could not ask for more.

Kudos to you, SpyderWeb Team.
Also thanks to Dave at Wyvern Creations for responding to my email at 8pm on a Sunday night.
He is very passionate about his work and it shows.

·
Registered
12 Posts
AWESOME!!!! That’s why you always buy from one of the the best in the industry! Great customer service from Spyder targets as well! Happy to hear that you’re getting a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPS just delivered the same target to me yesterday, I haven’t shot it yet...
You will really like it, Lonster.
We had no issues whatsoever for 200-ish shots, if not more.
Then...well, stuff happens, but the support is phenomenal.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Happy to hear you are getting a replacement.
Using mine as an example, properly built, that target will last a long time.
All the best.
Thanks Bunnyrabbit.
We are considering getting the 4-foot model for the local target/trap/skeet shooting range.
Mainly for crossbow users but we will let the vertical bow users shoot at it as well, of course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Bunnyrabbit.
We are considering getting the 4-foot model for the local target/trap/skeet shooting range.
Mainly for crossbow users but we will let the vertical bow users shoot at it as well, of course.
Dynamo61 Bunnyrabbit have you put any shot any broadheads through it?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought this 14x14 in 2016. Don't shoot tons like many do, but it's been great.

I shoot an Orion 135 and Grim Reaper

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dynamo61 Bunnyrabbit have you put any shot any broadheads through it?
No I don't think the SpyderWeb is intended for broadheads.
I am still trying to decide between buying the Morrell High Roller 21, the Blob and some other broadhead targets whose names slip my mind right now.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
No I don't think the SpyderWeb is intended for broadheads.
I am still trying to decide between buying the Morrell High Roller 21, the Blob and some other broadhead targets whose names slip my mind right now.
If you are just going to use your broadhead target a few shots a year just to make sure they are hitting correctly a Morrell will do fine and will last for several years. If you are going to shoot a bunch of times each year though I would suggest just biting the bullet and getting at least the 20x20" Blob. I took my old Morrell Yellow Jacket broadhead target out the other day and shot it using my Ravin and the first 2 shots almost went completely through it. It has been shot a lot over the last 10 or so years but I was trying to stay away from the portions that had been shot a lot. I don't think the lower grade broadhead targets are completely up to the over 400 fps bows. I saw no problems when I was using a 350 fps bow though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Have you shot it yet. Good luck when you do, I have a block target and have shot maybe 200 shots in to it and it still performs well but I haveoads of others like deer badger meerkat squirels and have set up an outdoor range the wife hates it but I bought the property lol so it my toy. She has the house to keep her busy.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
If you are just going to use your broadhead target a few shots a year just to make sure they are hitting correctly a Morrell will do fine and will last for several years. If you are going to shoot a bunch of times each year though I would suggest just biting the bullet and getting at least the 20x20" Blob. I took my old Morrell Yellow Jacket broadhead target out the other day and shot it using my Ravin and the first 2 shots almost went completely through it. It has been shot a lot over the last 10 or so years but I was trying to stay away from the portions that had been shot a lot. I don't think the lower grade broadhead targets are completely up to the over 400 fps bows. I saw no problems when I was using a 350 fps bow though.
Hi Robert, that is exactly what I am doing, a few shots a year to test accuracy.
The Morrell High Roller 21 arrived a few days ago.
I hope to take it to the range this afternoon, been crazy busy all week.
Will post some pics with a Field Point and a Broadhead, maybe even a little video if I can rig my cell phone to do it off the tripod?
Cheers,
dynamo61

1 - 19 of 19 Posts