Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered my first set of Spynal Tapps from Eric and Jerry. 3-4 weeks out and I'm sure will be worth the wait from what I've read and from talking with them on the phone.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Ive shot the Spynal Tapp arrows for several years now. Great arrows and no body does it better than Jerry..

·
5,368 Posts
Back to your post/question on the “Blood Sport” thread.

Poorer constructed arrows will often group well with the same arrow shot over and over.

Quality constructed arrows, ie, really well done custom arrows, will group together much better than factory arrows.

When you get a 1” grouping of 6 arrows at 60-80 yards, you know that you have a good set of arrows AND that you’re shooting well also. At 20-30 yards, much less info is derived from shooting “groups”.

A gentle bow will shoot lower quality arrows more accurately that a hotter bow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my Spynal Tapps delivered a couple weeks ago and finally made it out to try them out. Just wanted to throw a big shout out to the guys at Tapp-Nation! These arrows are spot on. Zeroed at 40 yds out of my TS190 with robin hood accuracy. I thought my BloodSport Hunters shot well but damn, these are by far more consistent! Field Tips and testing out Rage Hypos, Slick Trick 4 blade and Scwackers all shot spot on. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
753 Posts
There is one secret to building really accurate arrows but first let me tell you how

Here is the perfect arrow formula for every crossbow on the market

A very stiff arrow, thats why we use zombie carbon to make tapps

A very straight arrow, +/- .001, thats why we use zombie carbon to make tapps

A tight spine deflection +/- .005, thats why we use zombie carbon.

Do you see a pattern?

Always indexed and weight matched to no more than a grain, thats why nobody in the shop weight matches except myself, but they are learning

So here it is

The real secret is not teaching how to build arrows, thats easy!

The secret is getting people to understand why you do it!

·
319 Posts
There is one secret to building really accurate arrows but first let me tell you how

Do you see a pattern?

Always indexed and weight matched to no more than a grain, thats why nobody in the shop weight matches except myself, but they are learning

So here it is

Jerry what is the weight of the best Ravin bolts you build? How much speed loss versus the 400 grain factory Ravins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
319 Posts

Do you see a pattern?

So here it is

I am soon to order some! Will you have comparable 16" arrows for the new TenPoints?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spynal Tapps are great arrows. I just ordered another dozen.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Got my Spynal Tapps delivered a couple weeks ago and finally made it out to try them out. Just wanted to throw a big shout out to the guys at Tapp-Nation! These arrows are spot on. Zeroed at 40 yds out of my TS190 with robin hood accuracy. I thought my BloodSport Hunters shot well but damn, these are by far more consistent! Field Tips and testing out Rage Hypos, Slick Trick 4 blade and Scwackers all shot spot on. Thanks guys!!
Indeed, Spynal Tapps are mind-blowingly consistent and accurate.
12 out of 12 in a dozen are like 100% clones.
Amazing product and craftsmanship and the price is very reasonable.
We got some with Stainless Field Points, saweeeeet!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jerry and Eric are awesome. Ordered a dozen Spynal Tapps on Jan. 2, got an email yesterday that they had been shipped. 11 days for custom arrows built to my specs, unbelievable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Keep checking USPS tracking. Mine didn't show up on their site until about 3 days after Eric notified me that they were shipped.

·
Registered
13,486 Posts
A few months back I ordered an item off eBay and they gave me a tracking number and it showed it leaving it's destination and then disappeared for several days and was then delivered in my mailbox without ever being scanned again. I could have demanded a refund or another replacement item I guess but instead gave good feedback to the seller. Last time I checked it was about a month later and it was still not showing delivered. :)

65 Posts
I just went to the Tapp Nation web site to order some Platinum Spinal Tapps but did not see any arrows available on the menu. How are you guys ordering arrows?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I ordered off the site on Jan. 02, just went there and no products are showing up at all. I suspect that the site is having issues. I would give them a call.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts