Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an e-mail from Spypoint telling me the Cell-Link is now in stores. I went online and ordered one from Academy with free shipping and it says available to ship. Closest store to me was Cartersville and they did not have it yet.

·
Registered
440 Posts
B&H Photo says July 8th.....Spypoint was so unprofessional with me over a few weeks on simple questions I wouldn't accept anything from them for free

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I receive my Cell-Link today and set it up on a Covert Cam and went ahead and stuck it out in my back field as I know I get a good signal back there. It was already transferred several pics since I set it up. Looks like it is going to work very well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Robert, How does it work to transfer from camera to cell link? Bluetooth, hard wire? Thanks

·
Banned
178 Posts
I receive my Cell-Link today and set it up on a Covert Cam and went ahead and stuck it out in my back field as I know I get a good signal back there. It was already transferred several pics since I set it up. Looks like it is going to work very well.
+1

·
Registered
869 Posts
I bought the Verizon model so the pics are sent straight to my phone through Verizon
Isn't this a add-on for several non cellular cameras? Does it wire to your camera some way? Via SD card maybe? If it uses the SD slot I guess it transfers only with no local memory. I have looked on line but just don't seem to get how it works

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It has a SD card that transfers to the cell-link and gets saved on a micro sd card and also sent to my phone. So there is a hard copy of all pics on the micro sd card in the cell link as a backup. It was very easy to set up and should work with any game camera that uses a full size SD card. I was worried about theft but it has a strap for the tree and holes for a cable lock also.
Here is a pic of just the empty field:

·
Happy Member
5,472 Posts
SpyPoint will send pictures to ANY cell carrier. The At&T, National or Verizon are only the networks that they use for their service coverage. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Happy Member
5,472 Posts
Robert, How does it work to transfer from camera to cell link? Bluetooth, hard wire? Thanks
The pictures are uploaded to SPYPOINT app which sends to your cell phone through the app. Verizon, At&T or National is the networks that SpyPoint uses for their service coverage. Their service coverage networks has nothing to do to which cell phone carrier that you use. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have not had a problem with them so far at all.
A night pic from just a few minutes ago.

Can't figure out why it is small, the first pic worked ?

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I have not had a problem with them so far at all.
A night pic from just a few minutes ago.

Can't figure out why it is small, the first pic worked ?
Did you use the "Insert image" function from the bottom menue? Should work if you did.

When I try to click and open the image it takes me to a Postimage.org page.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nope, I grabbed the link from post image. I am on a Chromebook and trying to learn how to do this stuff on it as it is different than my laptop. The first picture worked correctly and the second didn't and I can't figure out why.

I used insert image this time and learned something new. :)

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From what I see if your camera takes a standard SD card it should work as all you do is take out your SD card and slip theirs into place and it is connected to the cell-link that sends the signal as long as you are getting a strong enough signal.
The box mine came in has this printed on the front:
Enables cellular communications for virtually any trail camera.

I ordered mine from Academy because they have a very good returns policy. (just in case) :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks, Robert. Ordered from Cabelas, they offered free shipping and give online military discounts. :cool:

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just tried to post a pic of a cat stalking the deer but even using the insert image it comes up a thumbnail pic. :(

1 - 20 of 63 Posts